Carter D-10 for Sale or Trade

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Thomas Bohlen

Carter D-10 for Sale or Trade

Post by Thomas Bohlen »

I really love this guitar, though the trial and tribulations of getting the steel (and the amp, the chair, the gear) around NYC without a car has been trying my patience.

So alas, first things first.

I'd like to give my D-10 a new loving home, preferable through TRADE for S-10, SD-10 or even possibly a S/U 12. I'd like to think she's worth about $2000 on the market but happy to entertain any reasonable offers.

The guitar seems to be early / mid 2000's make. Classic Carter D-10. Sounds beautiful and is the definition of reliability. She's a champ.

E-66 pickup. Emmons setup. LKR lowers Es, LKL raises Es. RKR lowers 2nd string down to D and C#.

Things to note about this guitar. It has been a touring machine and seen a lot of big city action. It shows. Now by no means does it have the maturity of an old honky tonk sho-bud that's seen the other side of a country gentlemen, but yes there are a few dings, and I may have only polished it once. And yes there is a screw acting as a pin, to hold on a rod. The case is starting to give and will have to be looked into at some point. That all aside, she hasn't given me any problems at all, and I still like to call her pretty.

I will be happy to show via photos, her full condition to any offers I may be interested in.

I am looking for a great sounding and reliable single neck of equal value. If not equal value then I may be open to adding other items (amps, accessories) into the deal.

Preferably somewhat light weight in the case. It would be really important for me to have it be very reliable since I will be traveling often with it.

Thanks for entertaining this offer. Looking forward to what may come up.

Last edited by Thomas Bohlen on 21 Aug 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Bohlen

Post by Thomas Bohlen »

also just so it isn't confusing. The classic label on the steel is not factory produced. It is there to cover up a small blemish and also look a bit more demure.
Billie Cole

carter

Post by Billie Cole »

how many knees?
Thomas Bohlen

Post by Thomas Bohlen »

Forgot that one!

5 knees and 8 floor.
Arvis Moore

Carter Trade

Post by Arvis Moore »

I will send you a email about a possible trade
Arvis Moore
Patrick Strain

Post by Patrick Strain »

I always wondered how NYC steel players did it. I play in NYC fairly regularly, but our biggest worry is finding a parking space or a club owner wanting me to play through their backline amp (usually some lower end Fender or Marshall). Sorry for getting off topic. I have a Carter D-10 that's very similar to yours, and I can't say enough good about it. It's the most reliable steel I own.
Sierra Crown D-10 8+4, Sierra S-10 3+4, Carter D-10 8+7, Carter Starter 3+ a lot of engineering problems
Skip Mertz

still avail?

Post by Skip Mertz »

trade for?
Ray Mardin

steel guitar trade

Post by Ray Mardin »

HI TOM I HAVE A SD10 FESSENDEN WILL TRADE I AM LOOKING FOR A D10 ALSO I BOUGHT THE GUITAR NEW 4 YEARS AGO IT IS A GREAT GUITAR IF INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME AT NLMRTM@HUGHES.NET I AM FROM NHTHANKS AGAIN RAY MARDIN
Jesse Raney

Post by Jesse Raney »

pm incoming!
Kenny Howard

D10 Carter

Post by Kenny Howard »

Hi Tom:
Looks like someone got to you before me.
If it doesn't come to pass, please get back to me.
Since you've had to carry this guy in & out of NYC, I'm hoping you have the weight (in or out of case).
Also, would you be amenable to shipping it to Jim of No. County guitars (San Diego area) so he could refit? - after payment of course.
I've got a D10 ordered from Bruce Zumsteg, but I'd like to replace my Sierra here at home for practice only. And then, occassionaly, play out. So, case is not really my concern - except for original shipments to California and then to me here in Salem, OR. (Just moved here from Reno). Thanks, Kenny
Laurence Massicotte

Post by Laurence Massicotte »

I just listed a new Duesenberg Pomona lap steel if you think you may trade for that. Pictures are there on the listing.