Rickenbacker Triple 8

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Terry Huval

Rickenbacker Triple 8

Post by Terry Huval »

This steel guitar is in good shape and plays well. When I purchased it on-line about 6 years ago, I noted that the strings on each pickup did not seem balanced. At some point I contacted pickup guru Rick Aiello and sent the guitar to him. It turns out the original horseshoe pickups had been previously replaced with fake versions. Rick came up with a plan to magnetically coat the underside of these pickups. To make it even more effective, he installed a metal strip across the gap of each pickup. They work very well. I use only 7 strings on each neck, as I really did not use 8 strings anyway and adjusting the height of the pickup to bring in the 8th string (a thick string at that) without causing a slight buzz was a little tricky.

The case is fully functional, with the duct taped edges added to cover slight cracks in the case. The original legs were replaced with Fender extendable legs and aluminum sockets.

The dimensions of the case are 34" x 21" x 6". The weight of the guitar and case is about 52 lbs. I would imagine the size of the box I would ship it in would add 3" to each of the above dimensions and add about 10 lbs to the weight. My zip is 70506. With that information, you could determine the shipping charges.

I'm looking for $500 plus packaging and shipping costs.

Please let me know if you have any questions by e-mailing me at terryhuval@aol.com.

Dick Chapple Sr

Ricky T-8

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Hi Terry:

I sent a PM to your email address last night.
Dick Chapple Sr. Have a great weekend.
Dick Chapple Sr

Ricky T-8

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Hi Terry:
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I will take it. :D :D :D
Dick