Cubase LE4 2.0 problem.

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Sloan

Cubase LE4 2.0 problem.

Post by Bob Sloan »

Need help with my cubebase le 4, 2.0 A friend installed this on my old computer, Worked fine, Got a newer computer. Installed my self, im a beginner at this. It keeps saying asio driver not installed, I can olny guess im doing something wrong. I would appreciate any help. This was for XP, I have windows 7. Thank you. Cubase le4.
Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

I think you'll be able to download generic ASIO drivers HERE!!

This should get you going, assuming no other issues.

Be aware that your version of Cubase LE is very old. If you have your original software key there may be an upgrade path at Steinberg. If this is a "copy" you are out of luck with the upgrades.

h
Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Be careful with ASIO4ALL, it can (and has in some PC's) cause problems with the regular PC's audio and not work. From many posts on recording forums that I've seen, ASIO4ALL has about a 50/50 success rate.

If there is a regular driver from the vendor for the recording interface you want to use, use that.

I agree with an old version, it may not be compatible or fully compatible with newer Win 7/Win 8. It may work in a compatibility mode for an older OS, such as Windows XP.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Bob Sloan

Post by Bob Sloan »

HI Guys, Thanks for the information, I will sure give it a try. Its not working now so i will try it, Thank you both, God Bless.