Heard some of Vince's and Pauls new HAG and BUCK CD & Wo

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joe Casey

Heard some of Vince's and Pauls new HAG and BUCK CD & Wo

Post by Joe Casey »

"Willies place" had An interview with Vince and Paul yesterday and played some songs from the CD. I heard "Branded man" and "Together again". I'm sure they played more but I was driving and reached my destination. Just hearing those two songs was enough for me to know I have got to have this CD. This is not just a lets do a Buck and Merle Tribute. It's a super well done package that will take you back in time and bring you right back to the present. Vince at his best and we always know what to expect from PF.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I heard most of the CD yesterday, driving to a gig in The Villages. All the songs I heard were A++. I have to get the CD, too.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

I heard it too and I will add that album to my collection. I only wish Vince would have gone for a more vintage sound on his guitar playing. Don and Roy had clean sounding guitars. Other than that it sounded good to me. It was also neat to hear about how they put the album together.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Jack and Craig, What do you think about Sirius XM? I have it for a year free It came with the new car I ust bought.They already have sent me prices for after that runs out. So far I love the Blue Collar comedy, ESPN,other many music channels and Willies place. There are many more that I haven't checked out yet but have 11 more months to decide. Are you guys happy with it ,think it's worth it. So far it's the best place around for instant and true Country music. I'd appreciate your comments.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I've renewed, but I had to dicker with them to get a lower price than what was first offered.

I don't listen to much more than Willie's Place and occasionally the Bluegrass channel (for a short period).

I probably will not renew again, after the current 1 year runs out. I think I've heard all the songs they have in the last year and a half. They do not have the full music library from the time frame they generally play from. I saw a comment one time that they did have a larger library at one time but royalty issues caused them to drop some artists/labels.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Its a very good cd. I hope it sells a million !
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

I took the wife's car to go to the store, and it has Sirius. Turned it on and they were going through the whole CD, and I wound up sitting in the store parking lot for 2 whole songs, running into the store, then sitting in the driveway when I got back home. I could not bring myself to turn it off.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Jack,I too was a little surprised at the price menu they listed for me when it comes time to renew. certainly if I do keep it the price will have to be a LOT better.
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

I just got a notice from Amazon, my Bakersfield CD will be here tomorrow. Yahoo!! :)
Larry Petree

Bakersfield CD

Post by Larry Petree »

I also heard the one hour show, with interviews and the CD played on Buck's KUZZ radio station. It was a great tribute to our part of real country music. Thanks to Vince and Paul.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I'll have to get a copy... I assume it has now been released.

Joe, for me the Serius XM wasn't worth the money so I let it lapse after the free (90 day) subscription in each of my cars. From time to time they turn it on for free to see if I'll come back. I have my entire record collection on a USB stick that plays in the cars. I have little interest in whatever they want me to listen to. On road trips with my wife we have to have a mix USB. ;)
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Ron ,I hear that a lot. I have to admit I'm not into pay radio especially since they still have commercials. Went for a ride the other day and listening to the Comedy station. Too much profanity and not much to laugh about. I'll let it run out and use the stick which I'm still loading. Hit them straight. Maybe I'll see you in St. Louis again.
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

What is the title of the cd you people are raving about??
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Jack Jones

Vince and Paul

Post by Jack Jones »

Their performance at the Opry Saturday night was awesome. Bought the CD and went for the signing after the show. The CD is must for your collection. The picking is unbelievable and Vince and Paul are really nice folks. Thanks guys..., glad I was there! I could have sat there listening for hours. Jack
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

The official release date is tomorrow: Tuesday, July 30.
Mark
Joel Martin

Post by Joel Martin »

whoooooo!! I pre-ordered the CD today and tonight at 9PST they sent me a download link for the mp3s!
It's AMAZING!
Paul does some truly breathtaking work.
Great job all around!
I think I'm going to listen to the Together Again about 50 times tonight!
1968 ZB D11
1965 Vibrolux Reverb
robert kramer

Post by robert kramer »

Peter Cooper article on "Bakersfield" from Nashville Tennessean:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2013 ... kersfield/

Video after advertisement:

http://bcove.me/st153v61
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Just ordered it on Amazon, amazing price.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

great CD, congrats to Paul and Vince.,..

regarding Sirius..call and ask for the customer service group, you can get a 50% discount promo just by asking and telling them you are shutting it off...I know this first hand.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I just bought mine at Best Buys! :)
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

You mean Paul wouldn't give you one? :D :lol: ....I feel the same way I know your gonna answer. If something is good support it. Hope they do more.
Danny Naccarato

Post by Danny Naccarato »

Awesome album !!!!! Out today. Beautiful
John Gilman

Post by John Gilman »

Nice article and pix in today's LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... 9933.story
74 Sho-Bud ProII
73 Sho-Bud/Surratt/Marrs D-10
72 Emmons PP D-10
69 ZB Custom D-10
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

I went for the doubleheader today: picked up my copy of the CD, then stopped off at the Wells Fargo Center box office in Santa Rosa about eight minutes from my house to pick up tickets for the Missus and I where Vince, Paul & company will be performing on October 30th and according to the L.A. Times article as linked by John, the show will feature a number of tunes from the album.

The tour begins at "ground zero" in Bakersfield five days prior on October 25th.
Mark