Bakersfield PF and Sweetpea

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Drummer

Bakersfield PF and Sweetpea

Post by Don Drummer »

I'm listening to Willies Place. Stormy Warren is interviewing Paul and Vince about their new CD "Bakersfield." I'm thinking that if this catches on due to the weight of these two guys and their incredible talents, maybe there is hope for a revival of Honkey Tonk and Pedal Steel Guitar. Such a beautiful pairing of two "Jumpers" saluting Buck and Merle.
Jack Jones

Vince and Paul

Post by Jack Jones »

Their performance at the Opry Saturday night was awesome. Bought the CD and went for the signing after the show. The CD is must for your collection. The picking is unbelievable and Vince and Paul are really nice folks. Thanks guys..., glad I was there! I could have sat there listening for hours. Jack
Don Drummer

Post by Don Drummer »

I saw them on the 22nd with the Jumpers and they mentioned this project; It was also the theme at the Country Music Hall of Fame and I think they debuted the CD on wednesday at Third and Lindsley. Wish I was around for the CD sales which I missed by one day. Let's all buy one and share with the youngin's. I hope this will get them interested in this sound. It has a slightly modern production sound in the slightly heavier bass and kick drum track that the younger ear might find appealing.
Tommy Alexander

Paul & Vince

Post by Tommy Alexander »

I have known Paul and his family for a long time and as for Paul, he never cease's to amaze me for the things that he accomplish's.
But for those who don't know, Paul has a baby brother that is a world class guitar player and has been working for Kenny Rogers for a long time.
It would be great to hear Paul and Brian work together some time.
Think about that Paul!