Emmons LeGrande Early 80's SKH (Short keyhead)

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jarrod Mankie

Emmons LeGrande Early 80's SKH (Short keyhead)

Post by Jarrod Mankie »

I'm trying to sell this steel for my mom. Dad passed away in 2010 and we don't want it sitting around collecting dust. Dad played every weekend, so you can see it's been used. I'm not going to try and pretend that I know a lot about this steel, but I will be very accommodating for questions. I will send more pictures through email to try and give a better idea upon request. A friend who was looking at this steel gave us an idea of $2400. So, I'm gonna try and keep it close to that. We are not interested in trading, just want it to go to a good home and get some use. Since this post, I'm moving price to $2300 purchaser pays shipping.

Thanks,

Jarrod

jtmankie@yahoo.com
Last edited by Jarrod Mankie on 16 Aug 2013 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gary Roberts

Emmons

Post by Gary Roberts »

Hey Jerrod! I'm interested. Please give me a call.

Thanks Gary
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

jarrod...it's worth at least that or more!!

very desirable steel!
Rex Blevins

Emmons SKH

Post by Rex Blevins »

Someone had better buy this before I do ! Wonderful price for a great guitar...
Kenny Cassidy

Post by Kenny Cassidy »

Got one just like it :whoa: ! I wouldn't take that for mine!! Great Deal!!!!
Kenny Cassidy
Bobby D. Reed

Emmons

Post by Bobby D. Reed »

That's the best price yet for a D10 SKH. I already have 12 steels for sale or trade or I would be on it. I will anyway if still available when I move one of mine.
Brian Ostrom

D10 Skh

Post by Brian Ostrom »

If it's still available , I'll take it.
Williams SD10 ZumD10 Fessenden D10 . Evans RE150 peavey N400's GKMB 200 emminence speakers!, Live steel strings.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

I have a black one. Would not take that for mine. Great guitar!
Brian Ostrom

Skh

Post by Brian Ostrom »

Jarrod
Sent you a PM last night. Pls responded. I need to know where to send $...
Brian
Williams SD10 ZumD10 Fessenden D10 . Evans RE150 peavey N400's GKMB 200 emminence speakers!, Live steel strings.
Dean Richard Varga

Jarod's in an awkward spot at $2400.

Post by Dean Richard Varga »

Jarod sent me a text message a couple days after I said I would buy it at $2400 the first day it was posted.......apparently so did a few more people- anyway, someone told him the guitar is worth as much as $3400. So for right now, he's fishin'.

Alright, so he offered it a bit low. The moneys going to his mom and He's looking to get a reasonable fair market value,so for now the $2400 price is off the table. He has gotten feedback in private emails and on this tread indicating the $2400 is too low. Fair enough- Lets help him get it sold. I bid $2500.00

Do I hear $2600?

respectfully ,

dean
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

"SteelBay"
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Brian Ostrom

Skh

Post by Brian Ostrom »

Here we go again!!!
I'm out. This kind of stuff really gets my craw.. Gives this whole section of the forum a bad taste.in my mouth. Put it in an auction house if you want to pull that kind of game. We all have someone we need to take care of...
Respectfully
Brian
Brian Ostrom

Skh

Post by Brian Ostrom »

At least he responded to you Dean. Guess I'm too far away to warrant a response!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Me thinks so too Brian. It should go for the posted price. The web is full of info on how much items are bringing and a little research would have done the trick. Is it a good deal, yes but not but about 300 or 400 below what it's worth. Good deals are posted on here a lot but to take back just because someone told them its worth more don't set well with me. JMHO
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

too many Chiefs, not enough Native Americans....... :\ Im wondering if the person who offered the 411 that the guitar might be under-priced was willing to offer more? Or was it just a case of mouth engaged before brain?
I agree Henry, sell it for the posted price to the first one in line.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

no one who posted on the thread was too out of line. we all just remarked it was a good deal. jarrod could have reposted it at that time or better yet just sold it and been happy that he helped his mom.
at this point i agree that it should go to the first who offered what he asked.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

and so goes his first post on the forum. welcome jarrod!
Al Vesel

Emmon's LeGrande SKH D-10

Post by Al Vesel »

I went to see the guitar today. It is a nice guitar. I love these SKH's !!! It has a 5-way Pentad pickup installed on the C-6 neck. Per my discussion with Jarrod, he would like me to post the current shape of the guitar. It has been sitting idle for quite some time since his dad passed away. Undercarriage & changer will need to be thoroughly cleaned and adjusted. There is a lot of issues that need to be resolved. Some parts are not hooked up and a lot of dings in the guitar. There is a lot of nicotine residue and grime and grease. According to Jarrod, this was a "working guitar", with his dad playing the bars, etc. Clean it up good and you'll have a great guitar and great tone and sustain machine, no doubt !! Also you won't find a nicer and honest guy than Jarrod.

Al
Last edited by Al Vesel on 23 Dec 2014 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

so you couldn't talk him down, al?
Al Vesel

Emmons SK D-10

Post by Al Vesel »

Chris,
He was a nice guy and fellow Minnesotan. He needs the money for his mom. I didn't try to talk him down.

I even emailed him before I met with him and since it is for his mom, I told him that 2400 was too little for that guitar. He offered it to me for 2600 and he is firm at that. I don't blame him. It's worth that and more, but whoever purchases it will have to spend quite a long time cleaning it up, but it sure will be worth it when done. I just tore my rotator cuff so I don't want to stress it by taking this guitar apart and cleaning it up right now.

Because I buy and sell some steels, doesn't mean I don't have a heart, Chris. At least I think I do.

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

alright al. thanks. sorry for pokin fun at you. and now we all know the condition...and it still sounds like a good deal.
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

my post wasn't intended to slight anyone who'd posted above. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
$2600.00 is still a very fair price for the guitar imho, but my point was that sometimes helping causes more confusion than intended.
If I didn't already have its twin Id buy it.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

What Mike said but I don't have it's twin but I know who does.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Jarrod Mankie

Dad's Steel

Post by Jarrod Mankie »

Hi Everyone,
I want to thank everyone for their posts. I have been a little busy with my actual job (funny how that goes). As for dad's steel, it's still here and I guess the best I'll let it go for is $2600.00 A couple hundred more than originally posted. I had a very good talk with Al and I want to thank him for all of his pointers. I don't want to sugar coat anything or have this misleading. He pointed out that the guitar needed some cleaning. I knew there needed some tlc done as dad used this guitar (usually at Legions, VFW and other bars (before the ban on smoking in public places) and at the time he put it away I think the shock of not being able to play in the band anymore made him not even want to look at it. It was his life, it was his pride and joy. I hope everyone understands. I don't want to come off as a money grubber (please put yourself in my shoes). I have no knowledge of this steel, so when someone approaches and says a grand more than I'm offering... wouldn't you step back? Anyway, sorry not trying to taint the site. This is where I'm at. I will take $2600 I'm not keen on shipping, but I will I guess. Shipping costs will be on purchaser. Thanks everyone!!!
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

I have an interested buyer, can you please tell us how many levers and pedals are on this guitar. We would also like more pictures, including undercarriage.. sent to jetdrivr@me.com....Thanks

No longer interested...
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!