D 12: Why didn't they catch on?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Abe Levy

Post by Abe Levy »

Didn't Bobby Black play an Emmons d12 on lots of the stuff he did with commander Cody?
Darryl Hattenhauer

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

Gene,

That's what I did, too. I went and got a Sho-Bro 7-string. I tune it like the top seven on a C6.

I went to your site to see if you have a third CD, but I couldn't even find the first two. Did you make any more after those two?

dh
Last edited by Darryl Hattenhauer on 22 Jul 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steel crazy after all these years.

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.
Darryl Hattenhauer

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

Abe,

I don't know.

dh
Steel crazy after all these years.

$100 reward for info leading to the purchase of a fender D8 white, yellow, or butterscotch.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

[ Posted 21 Jul 2013 1:26 pm
Didn't Bobby Black play an Emmons d12 on lots of the stuff he did with commander Cody?

At the time that Bobby Black recorded Tom Bradshaw's Steel Guitar Record Club, California Freedom album (late 1970's) his copedent is listed as a D-12 and he is shown on the cover with a Push pull D-12.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

There is one Cody album that has pictures of him setting up that Emmons. So, at least one album was probably done with it. All the times I saw him with Cody, he was using the Sho~Bud as far as I can remember.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.