Vintage Yamaha SA 800 guitar {335 style}

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Bob Carlucci

Vintage Yamaha SA 800 guitar {335 style}

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Mine is identical to this one..

http://www.gibsones335.net/for-sale/gib ... 35-strings

Same exact guitar, same condition.. If there is any serious interest, I will take pics of my own guitar, and send them to interested potential buyers.. Its MIJ, Please don't confuse an early 80's MIJ Yamaha with todays MIC knockoffs.. there is NO comparison.. My AS 800 is every bit the guitar my mid 60's ES 335 and Trini Lopez guitars were, and its better then the 3 mid 60's Guild Starfires I had.. It has the original hard case as well.. Plays perfectly, and sounds like an old 335.. No fret wear, and just a few small dings/wear spots that won't even show on pics.. A spectacular semi hollow, in great condition.. $600 + shipping takes it.. btw, feel it was misrepresented?.. I'll send your money back no questions.. Thats how much confidence I have in this lovely old guitar.. email me with interest-
bullet_bob@lycos.com
. bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

pics of mine...

Bill Manning

Post by Bill Manning »

Very nice! PM sent.
Jordan Shapiro

Post by Jordan Shapiro »

wow, that is a beaut. would you describe the neck as fatter/skinnier? as well as rounder/flatter feeling?
thx,
jordan
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Jordan.. The necks on most of the vintage Yamaha guitars were a tad smaller compared to say a vintage Gibson.. Not too small , or cramped in any way, but I personally prefer bit larger neck on any electric guitar, especially a semi with humbuckers, where I like to "dig in" once in a while... bob

Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Bob is this guitar still for sale?
Joe Valenti

Yamaha guitar

Post by Joe Valenti »

I bought this guitar from Bob a few years ago.
I would be willing to sell it, as I am looking for a Tele.

The guitar is very nice and just as Bob described it.
Jim Kennedy

Post by Jim Kennedy »

I have an early 80's MIJ SA 2000. It looks exactly like an ES335. I think the 2000's have a heavier tone block than a 335. I know they are heavier. It is a great player with a Gibson style neck. This is the only guitar I have ever had that makes the hair stand up on my arms when it feeds back. And it's built like a tank. It once fell 10 feet off a stage and landed squarely on the head stock, knocking a chip out of the top. All I had to do was tune it up and keep playing. We all know what that would have done to a Gibson. All this to say that I am sure the 8000 is just as good as the 2000. Those high end Yamahas from the 70's and 80's are great guitars and they have definitely stood the test of time. I am sure this will be a great deal for someone who doesn't want to spend the high dollar amount on aGibson or simply settle for an Epiphone or some other knock off.
ShoBud Pro 1, 75 Tele, 85 Yamaha SA 2000, Fender Cybertwin,