HELP PLEASE...with Rains steel!!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Chockley

HELP PLEASE...with Rains steel!!!

Post by David Chockley »

I'm asking for some help in finding a pedal rod bracket....Tonight at a gig the A pedal bracket where the pedal rod hooks in to the underside of the guitar broke off!! The steel is a Rains D10...One that say made by Gary Carpenter on it.....I need to find this part ASAP, and ANY help finding it would be much appreciated. I go into my "real" job at 11pm tonight Central time and won't be off until around 7am in the morning, so won't be able to respond right away to any messages, etc. but will provide my email if anyone has any ideas....Thanks in advance, David Chockley dcstl70@gmail.com
James Wolf

Post by James Wolf »

Im sure micheal yahl can help. Psgparts.com
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I think most of Michael's stuff is for round or hex-shafted guitars. I think I'd call Bobbe's shop in the morning, or Jim Palenscar or Tom Bradshaw. Or Billy Cooper (he'll open first, being in Virginia.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Malcolm McMaster

Post by Malcolm McMaster »

Why not contact Rains direct, would have thought they would carry a range of spares.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Malcolm, the rains site, rainssteelguitars.com/ hasn't seen an update in 14 months,and only shows an email addy, not a phone number. If I need something ASAP, I'm thinking they're only part of my plan of action.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Malcolm McMaster

Post by Malcolm McMaster »

Lane,noticed they were not at Dallas show this year, thought emailing them might be worth a try.One other place to try is Lamb Music in Fort Worth / Dallas area, believe they were Rain's agents.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.
David Chockley

Post by David Chockley »

Thanks guys!....I'm home now and will try all avenues. At least it came off easily and shouldn't be a hard fix at all once I get the part. Dave
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

David...Not familiar with the construction of a Rains guitar, but would it be possible to "borrow" the bracket from another pedal on the C6 side until a replacement can be obtained (assuming of course that the majority of your playing is on E-9)?
David Chockley

Post by David Chockley »

David, I thought of that and will do that if need be. Luckily, if this had to happen the "A" pedal was by far the easiest to get to/disassemble, etc. It's pretty straight forward, the Rains has square shafts and the pedal rod bracket came apart easily, so hoping to get something going today.....hopefully get something done before the holiday. Thanks again everyone for the replies!
David Chockley

Post by David Chockley »

I'll keep you informed on the progress......At least one good thing came of it....I thought about theory subjects I hadn't thought of in years...quickly!!!....lol.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Gary Carpenter's phone number was posted here not long back. I am sure he can get you connected to
Curtis Hogue for any part needed. I have Gary's number but will have to dig to find. I don't know how to search on forum but if you do I am sure you can find it. J.R.
David Chockley

Post by David Chockley »

Thanks for all the help guys!!! Through a mutual friend, I got to Gary Carpenter & Curtis Hogue both. They couldn't have been any more helpful, and a new part is on it's way as we speak. Also, I'm glad to hear Rains Steel Guitars is going strong. It's great having a "community" like this to turn to. It was about 24 hours ago when I thought "Oh %$*#!!...how am I gonna fix this?" and a day later, all is well!! Thanks again, Dave Chockley :D