Old SS Stewart Archtop guitar... project... $100

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Bob Carlucci

Old SS Stewart Archtop guitar... project... $100

Post by Bob Carlucci »

I have no idea how old it is.. Probably from the 40's or 50's.. It has a perfect straight neck, but needs some body work,, Some cracks etc,
[straight with the grain] needs a bridge, has a missing rectangular fret marker, and the finish is a mess.. The top has really beautiful herringbone binding and the guitar has incredible flame on the back and sides.. I know these are laminate guitars, so I have no idea if the intense flame in the maple laminate is real or fake.. Were they even doing fake flame patterns on guitars 60-70 years ago?... anyway, this can be turned into a VERY cool old piece by someone that knows how to glue a few cracks and perhaps restore a finish..
PLEASE remember, this is a guitar that needs to be restored.. Although it plays well, with a straight neck, it is NOT ready to go.. Its for someone that knows how to repair antique acoustic instruments, and enjoys doing so.. I don't..
It is a VERY cool old guitar that deserves a caring hand, and a second chance at making music... $100 FIRM, plus shipping...
If there is any interest, I will post pictures here.. None up yet but I can have some within a day or so.... please email me directly... bob
bullet_bob@lycos.com
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Hey Bob, very interested. Check your email.
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Me too.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Pics.. Sorry, camera couldn't pick up the hairline cracks.. One coming off the F hole and one on back...
I could fix them both in 5 minutes with a glue needle if I had the ambition.. Otherwise what you see is what you get.. Neck is really straight and the guitar has low and level action... First , "I'll take it !" gets it.. $100 + shipping... bob

Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

I'll take it (as long as the neck isn't MASSIVE or insanely V-shaped)
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Deal pending.. bob

Barry Gaskell

Stewart

Post by Barry Gaskell »

Hi Bob
I think the guitar is a Harmony made instrument, the flame effect is painted on, it's a probably a fifties guitar
Cheers
Barry