Epiphone set-neck, mahogany Les Paul Special-$300-SOLD

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Geoff Brown

Epiphone set-neck, mahogany Les Paul Special-$300-SOLD

Post by Geoff Brown »

For sale...Epiphone Custom Shop, Limited Edition...blah blah blah...single-cut LP Special.
Seems like Epiphone always makes these guitars with bolt-on necks, some kind of mystery wood, humbuckers and wacky finishes. But in this case, they stuck to the original Gibson recipe, with a set-neck, all mahogany guitar with P90 pickups. This is...surprisingly (to me, anyway), a really nice guitar.

The guitar is all original with the following exceptions: The string spacing on the plastic nut was a bit narrow for my tastes, so I replaced it with a bone nut with better spacing. I also replaced the ugly black control knobs with reflector knobs. Looks better to me.

The neck is a nice medium-profile C-shape. Not quite as beefy as a vintage Gibson Special or Junior, but very nice just the same. Feels good in the hand.

The stock P90s sound great. Snappy, versatile tones, right between Fender single-coil and Gibson humbucker. I expected to be swapping them out, but I like 'em. Acoustically, the guitar rings like a bell...loud, resonant.

Chrome hardware, Grover tuners, rosewood board, cherry finish. This guitar is nice and light...I'd say in the 6-pound range. There's some light swirling on the pickguard, and a tiny ding on the edge of the body that you might not notice if I didn't tell you. Otherwise, it's in perfect shape.
A very cool, and certainly gig-worthy guitar, for not much coin. Does not come with a case. I would prefer a local sale here in Nashville, but will work with someone if they want it shipped (I've shipped many geetars). Paypal add 3%. Not interested in trades. Thanks :)
Last edited by Geoff Brown on 14 May 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Brown

Post by Geoff Brown »

Price drop to $300.
Peter Coccorese

Post by Peter Coccorese »

Geoff. Very cool guitar. I live in PA, area code 08042. How much with shipping?
Peter Coccorese

Post by Peter Coccorese »

Geoff. Very cool guitar. I live in PA, area code 08042. How much with shipping?