48th Academy Of Country Music Awards Steel Guitarists.

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

LJ Eiffert

48th Academy Of Country Music Awards Steel Guitarists.

Post by LJ Eiffert »

" PIRATE FLAG " James Gairrett - Steel / " OUTSTANDING IN OUR FIELD " Randle Currie - Steel / "GIVE IT ALL WE GOT TONIGHT " - Michael (Mike) DAILY - Steel / " TWO BLACK CADILLACS " - Chad Jeffers - Steel / " HIGHWAY DON"T CARE " - Dennis Hemingson - Steel / " BEAT THIS SUMMER " - Randle Currie / " CRASH MY PARTY " Dave Ristrim -Steel / " DON'T RUSH " - Paul Franklin - Steel / " COWBOY RIDES AWAY " - Michael (Mike) DAILY - Steel. Now if this ain't Country Music than " SIGNED,SEAL & DELIVERED with Stevie Wonder and pick up that wonderful feeling of Hunter Hayes.Cause I'm gonna start my own new Trade Mark called " The Academy of Rockers with Country Music ". Thanks,The God Father Of Southern California Country Music Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. ;-) Enjoy!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Watched the first 15 minutes Pile of Crap.. :(
Bruce Meyer

Post by Bruce Meyer »

Don't get upset about either the ACM's or the CMA's when they occur. Do what I do. Pretend they don't exist and watch other shows on the hundreds of other cable channels.
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

Yep, parts of it were pretty awful. None the less, the wanna be hillbillys provide me with songwriting fodder. :D
D.S. Rigsby
George Crickmore

Re: 48th Academy Of Country Music Awards Steel Guitarists.

Post by George Crickmore »

LJ Eiffert wrote:" PIRATE FLAG " James Gairrett - Steel / " OUTSTANDING IN OUR FIELD " Randle Currie - Steel / "GIVE IT ALL WE GOT TONIGHT " - Michael (Mike) DAILY - Steel / " TWO BLACK CADILLACS " - Chad Jeffers - Steel / " HIGHWAY DON"T CARE " - Dennis Hemingson - Steel / " BEAT THIS SUMMER " - Randle Currie / " CRASH MY PARTY " Dave Ristrim -Steel / " DON'T RUSH " - Paul Franklin - Steel / " COWBOY RIDES AWAY " - Michael (Mike) DAILY - Steel. Now if this ain't Country Music than " SIGNED,SEAL & DELIVERED with Stevie Wonder and pick up that wonderful feeling of Hunter Hayes.Cause I'm gonna start my own new Trade Mark called " The Academy of Rockers with Country Music ". Thanks,The God Father Of Southern California Country Music Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. ;-) Enjoy!
TOO BAD you could not hear 90% of the steel.
Excel S-10,2 Williams 700 Universals,Jackson Blackjack Custom,, Goodrich LDR2 & Hilton Vol pedals,Monster 3500pro power conditioner, Morgan SW100 amp & Cab
George Crickmore

Post by George Crickmore »

Bottom line,,,,, This so called modern country is PURE TRASH.
Excel S-10,2 Williams 700 Universals,Jackson Blackjack Custom,, Goodrich LDR2 & Hilton Vol pedals,Monster 3500pro power conditioner, Morgan SW100 amp & Cab
Bill Miller

Post by Bill Miller »

I couldn't stick with it either...watched a half hour or so. As far as the modern country, well some I like and some I don't...nothing new there...always been a very selective listener. What I have no patience with is the downright awful production of these shows. The lame blather of the hosts and presenters gets on my last nerve and you would think the sound production was being handled by a bunch of high-school students. Even George Strait started off singing out of tune, probably because he couldn't hear himself properly in his ear monitors. It all seems to be about glamour and image and dick-all about music and sound quality. Love lots of the talented performers and players. Hate these shows. There, got that off my chest. :\
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

c'mon now! you're missing all the fun stuff!
first of all, the main soap opera cool thing is that fading star loser tim mcgraw is delegated to having to do a duet tour with taylor swift to continue his career....just like on the show 'nashville'...
you know faith is totally cringeing about that since she's lost her career too. but she still needs hubby to bring in money for her.

george was probably singing off key because he's basically lost his voice and knows it's time for the cowboy to ride away.

the band perry put other acts to shame with their dynamic and classy modern country performance.

jerk bentley and keith urban are a joke.

luke who?????????
who the hell is he and who cares????
he did kiss blake five times if that helps.
i couldn't pick him out of a line up.

country's latest historical figures: lionel ritchey and stevie wonder.

who would have thought an american idol winner (carrie) would actually be the most professional and possibly sincere artist to endure through all this junk.

plastic coated cowboy hats are still hanging around on otherwise nondescript posers...i think it's because they aren't biodegradable...they'll never go away!

blake is lucky that everyone else is 'even' lamer than he is, if you can imagine. might as well let him and miranda enjoy it before the world explodes.

i still like brad cause he's funny looking, clever and can pick, but his material's getting weak.

garth....still mr. thumb with a hat.

see? now wasn't that fun?
kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

Chris: You need to print your review, frame it, & hang it on the wall of stars!
Darrell Criswell

Perry not bad

Post by Darrell Criswell »

Chris Ivey wrote:

"the band perry put other acts to shame with their dynamic and classy modern country performance."

Maybe I am not going crazy, I have heard some of their songs that I actually like!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Chris those "Plastic Cowboy hats" are better than a synthetic hairpiece. :lol: :lol: :whoa: :whoa: :lol: :lol: Cheaper too.. :lol: :lol:
Doug Palmer

Acm

Post by Doug Palmer »

There is more to Country Music than a bunch of Rednecks with earrings wearing Gomer hats trying to grow their first beard. When George Jones or Hank Williams sang, no one had to tell you they were Country, they just were. Now we're told what Country is and expected to buy it. Sad.

Doug
Emmons D-10, ST-10,LD-10 III, NV-112,Fender Deluxe Reverb. Authorized wholesale dealer musicorp.com!
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Doug, the record executives realize the world has gotten a lot smaller and the market has gotten a lot bigger. They are in it to make a buck. It isn't too hard to figure out from there.

I am a music lover, but I have accepted the fact that most music created today is not created for me. Fortunately, I am a jazz lover and absolutely love a lot of contemporary jazz which has almost no popular appeal. There are many, many fine artists keeping me happy and my mind open.
Darrell Criswell

historical perspective

Post by Darrell Criswell »

Let me try to add some historical perspective to this discussion. In 1940 Roy Acuff invited the governor of Tennessee to a music event he was hosting at the Ryman auditorium. The Governor replied he would not attend and that Roy Acuff was a disgrace to the state of Tennessee for trying to turn Nashville into the hillbilly capital of the United States!
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

:lol:
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

U guys are right on! That sure is not a real " Dick Clark Production ".It's from off the wall wanna bees producers. It saden me to no end of how far off these Guy people have taken our name Country Music and calling it happy go lucky. :x The God Father Of Southern California Country Music,Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. ;-)
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

First of all it isn't "OUR" Country Music.
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Joe Casey, maybe it isn't your country music cause you don't truly believe in it,but, to us who givin our life for it's name, it is our Country Music. ;-) The God Father of Southern California Country Music,Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Leo, You should learn to read between the lines as well as you write on them. :lol: ;-)
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

You know Joe Casey I've got your number. I just get tried of you and others don't know what side the wind blows and you keep turning around to find what it is to fit your needs of just tell it like it is and don't kill me with word you can't say. Music is just music, but,it's title means everything. sorry you have a hard on for me like many others because I stand up for what is right. ;-) You're gonna kiss me! The God Father of Southern California Country Music,Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. :!:
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Leo I have never had anything against you. I commend you in fact for sticking up for what you believe in. You totally misread me as I have never been anything but pro traditional Country music. Although I do listen and like other genres Country is what I made a living at. I apologize for some comments I just made to be humorous. That's funny in Cajun. ;-)
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Joe Casey! I know we are on the same page my brother in country music and in true respect we both understand how to have fun in life and I was just giving it back to you for fun. It's the off the wall phone calls I get that makes me know we always hit somebody's feelings in the wrong spot. I posted these names before the Academy Of Country Music Award Show w ever hit the airwaves on the east coast of who was on steel guitar and it always gets away from what the story is all about. Like them guys and gals being GAY about snow jobbing us off of our Country Music from Southern California that some in our neighborhood who sold us out and their father's sure would not be happy about it if they was still around here on this earth. This world get getting so crazy everyday do because of so many people unhappy or like I dais GAY! ;-) Uncle Leo