Effects Processor (Delay & Reverb) Recommendations???

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Spires

Effects Processor (Delay & Reverb) Recommendations???

Post by David Spires »

Hi Everyone!

Looking for input... I am currently using a Stereo Steel Pre - loving it, but my TC M-OneXL just locked up on me mid-gig, and it will be replaced ASAP.

I loved the way it sounded, but am also looking at the Lexicon MX400XL too.

Thoughts between those two, or anything else you want to throw in the mix? Buying on Monday!

Thank you for your input,

David Spires
2021 MSA Legend XL 10&7; Asher Electro-Hawaiian Junior Lap Steel; '79 OMI Dobro 66 w/ Scheerhorn cone and setup; '64 Hand-wired Re-issue Fender Princeton Reverb
Gary Peaslee

Post by Gary Peaslee »

I recently switched from a TC Electronics G Major to the Strymon El Capistan (for delay) and the Wet Reverb (stereo). Both are outstanding!
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Hi Dave, I used to use the M-OneXL. It was too hard for me
to program. Now I'm using the Lexicon MX-400XL on one of
my Stereo Steel amps and the Lexicon MX-300XL on the other.
I like the sound better, and they can be programed from from
your computer with included USB cable and programs on a CD.
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

Thank you Carl,

I was looking at the MX400XL, and thinking about it - so you are giving me the confidence to at least think it is in the same neighborhood as the M-One. Guitar Center - here I come!

David
Jamie Lennon

Post by Jamie Lennon »

Benado effects
Mullen Guitars, Little Walter Amps, Benado Effects, D'Addario Strings

www.georgettejones.net
Jamie Lennon

Post by Jamie Lennon »

Benado effects

www.georgettejones.net
Jamie Lennon

Post by Jamie Lennon »

Benado effects

www.georgettejones.net
Mattias Olofsson

Post by Mattias Olofsson »

Hi

I'm using two stompboxes, TC Hall Of Fame for reverb and TC Flashback for delay. Both running in serial in my effect loop. Getting me where I wanna go =)
Fulawka D-10, Emmons LGIII, Sho~Bud Pro III Custom, Hilton, Fender SteelKing, TC Electronics Hall of fame, Peterson Tuner, Adams Dobro
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

Thanks for the feedback everyone...

I do like the sound of the TC stuff, but just felt "bitten", and wanted to go elsewhere.

Jamie - My whole pedal steel rig is rack-based right now, so it just wasn't practical to deviate from that until I decide to change it all...

For what it is worth to anyone else, I got the Lexicon MX200 (realized that I couldn't use any of the additional features on the 400, with the way I would wire it in), under $200... and I LOVE the reverb. The delay settings are not as flexible, but overall - loved using the unit last weekend, and looking forward to using it in the future.

Definitely recommend it to other rack-setup users, just looking for Reverb and Delay out of the same unit.

: - )

David
2021 MSA Legend XL 10&7; Asher Electro-Hawaiian Junior Lap Steel; '79 OMI Dobro 66 w/ Scheerhorn cone and setup; '64 Hand-wired Re-issue Fender Princeton Reverb
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I was quite pleased with MPX100. I still run it when I run Solid State, but on my RI Twin I stick to its reverb
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Dennis Detweiler

Post by Dennis Detweiler »

If there's a good rack reverb with pre delay control and tunable settings out there, you don't really need a seperate delay unit.
I like my TC350 except for the added white noise. I have it dialed in with slight compression on the left bank and reverb on the right bank.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

I am fairly new to this stuff compared to most of you, however, I just purchased the t.c electronics M350 unit and I can not believe the incredible reverb and delay/effects that you can get from this unit. In addition, there is ZERO additional noise and absolutely clean and clear as can be!!!
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Gary Arnold

Post by Gary Arnold »

Pick your self up a BOSS RV-3, you'll have Reverb & Delay and give me a shout and I can give you the settings Lloyd Green gave me, if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. Email me and give me your number and I will call with the settings or I will email you back.......Gary
Ferdinando Ghidelli

Effects Processor

Post by Ferdinando Ghidelli »

Revelation Sarno + Lexicon PCM 90: killer tone....
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Funny this would come up. Two weeks ago I put together by own little combo amp on the advice of folks from this forum. I bought a GK MB200 (used from one of the guys here, thank you), 15" Eminence (from Kevin Hatton, thank you) and a t.c. Electronics M350 reverb/effects processor.

Well I really liked the t.c. Electronics M350 processor except for three things:
1) No on/off switch, you must unplug this thing!
2) it's a VERY shallow rack mount unit, makes connecting difficult (not a biggie, but...)
3) Personally did not like the silver face, hard to see the dial indicators etc. Again not a major problem.

However, last night I went to fire up my newly made combo and the t.c. Electronics M350 was DOA. Toast! I contacted to seller and they will refund and or replace no problem.

Then, I jump on Craigslist I just happen to find a Yamaha REV100 for a whopping $20. Wife takes me over and I buy it, come home and swap it out for the M350.

Well, let me tell you this little $20 gem vs. the $135 M350, I'll take the Yamaha any day. In my opinion a MUCH better sound AND it's black, has a power switch and it's what I will call "amp" depth, so when installed in a standard amp cabinet, the in/out connections are perfectly located and easy to get to like a regular amp would be!

So off the M350 went for a refund and in went the Yamaha REV100 and I am thrilled. A $20 find that more than fit the need for my purposes...
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.