ON AIR from today with some GFI

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tonu Timm

ON AIR from today with some GFI

Post by Tonu Timm »

I decided to produce an album with our local angel-voiced lady Ilona Aasvere. I added some pedal-steel on most of the songs of course:) We recorded live at my home, I added pedal steel later as I play here accoustic guitar as well.
https://soundcloud.com/tonutimm/k-ik-on ... -ik-on-ees

We have also done Estonian version of WPA's song 'The Price' . I'm not as good as Greg Leisz, but I did my best. Ok, let's say it's a bit different:)
https://soundcloud.com/tonutimm/l-pp
GFI Ultra SD-10, BearCreek Weissenborn, Hermann Baritone Weiss, National Polychrome Tricone, Fender Champ Lapsteel, Quiter Micropro Mach 2 HD, Nashville 112, Zirconia bars, Bob Perry picks...
Tonu Timm

Post by Tonu Timm »

Good thing in producing and arranging your stuff yourself is that nobody says how much pedal-steel there should be in an arrangement:) or how loud (or quiet) it should be. At first I played a bunch of licks and then cut half of them off when realized that better to be a part of a whole thing, not to dominate.
GFI Ultra SD-10, BearCreek Weissenborn, Hermann Baritone Weiss, National Polychrome Tricone, Fender Champ Lapsteel, Quiter Micropro Mach 2 HD, Nashville 112, Zirconia bars, Bob Perry picks...
Jeff Heard

Post by Jeff Heard »

Very nice song and arrangement!
Wish I could understand the lyrics :D
Kevin Swan

Post by Kevin Swan »

Great work, very nice sound. She has such a tender voice, and your steel work complements it nicely. Was everything recorded "live," or did you do overdubs?
"Just because you're not a drummer doesn't mean you don't have to keep time." Thelonious Monk
Jeff Hanson

Post by Jeff Hanson »

Very nice, Tonu.
Jeff Hanson

Star SD-10,Fender Strat, Martin acoustic, Nashville 112, Fender DeVille
Tonu Timm

Post by Tonu Timm »

Kevin Swan wrote:Great work, very nice sound. She has such a tender voice, and your steel work complements it nicely. Was everything recorded "live," or did you do overdubs?
Thank You for the kind words! This lady is our 'Allison Krauss', she was quite famous here 20+ years ago, no I try to help her 'come back'.
Song is about a problem that people are too 'stoned' (closed to new ideas), we should be more open minded and not to afraid to do smth different:)
Everything but the pedal-steel fills + mandolin solo was recorded 'live'