Fender/Sho-Bud will pay $50.00 towards shipping, CONUS!!!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Mike Cass

Fender/Sho-Bud will pay $50.00 towards shipping, CONUS!!!

Post by Mike Cass »

Im offering a sweet 70's model S-10 Fender/Sho-Bud, 3x4 featuring the Super Pro nylon tuned undercarriage, all original and unfooled with, save my switching the knee levers to standard Emmons setup.
This guitar is not the fairly common flat mica covered, student type guitar but is their full professional model w/black lacquer body and wood neck, featuring the fully adjustable 4 screw p/u. Tuning gears are in great shape as well as the Fender fretboard and apron logo, all metal castings and the original hard case w/legbag. Really, the guitar shows just minimal playing wear, being an 8 out of 10 on the ding meter, and the finish still shines quite nicely as you'll soon see.
Ive restrung it with GHS Super Steels and it honks.... great sustain as well!
These guitars in the PRO model are pretty rare and give you the Fender sound with the dependable rod activated Sho-Bud Super Pro undercarriage. If it was a D-10 Id keep it.

only $1450.00+shipping to CONUS.

Seriously, someones going to get a great guitar at what I think is a very reasonable price.
Will get pix up as soon as I can get Cal over here.
Thanks for looking!
sincerely,

MC
mwillsteel@comcast.net
615-446-5952

ps. forgot to mention before that it comes w/near new DeArmond vp, packed separatley in same shipping box as guitar.
Last edited by Mike Cass on 1 Apr 2013 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zeke Cory

Kudos to Mike ...

Post by Zeke Cory »

This is a great deal on a Fender/Shobud considering today's constantly rising prices. Anybody getting a guitar from Mike can rest assured that you are getting exactly what is described, and then some. I am the lucky owner of one of Mike's incredible "masterpieces", a totally refurbished Shobud Super Pro, and it is now a brand new guitar. He has gone far and above the level of what could be expected, from personalizing my guitar to delivery. He is in constant contact to make sure everythng is working perfectly and meets my expectations. Mike's experience and follow-up service is like the best "insurance policy" you don't have to pay extra for. You can buy with confidence knowing he will be there to help in any way he can. Hats off to Mike !!! I owe you breakfast and coffee. Now ... to convince the wife why I need one of Mike's push-pulls next !!!!
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

LOL!! thanx Zeke! glad you like your new Blue Darlin'! Ive found that its easier to sell a few nice pieces every once in a while rather than to sell a truck load of junk every week. I dont usually deliver guitars unless its convinient, but considering the weather this time of year there was no way was I gonna let that beautiful blue finsh end up in the bottom of the case. :wink:

I will be taking you up on the free breakfast, btw :wink:

let me take this opprotunity to answer a few Q's Ive recieved in email and pvt msg:
1.the FenderBud is a Pro model as I stated, not the Maverick type.

2.All knee levers are fully adjustable for comfort and were factory installed @ time of build.

3. the black lacquer finish shows only minor checking and dings...certainely more than acceptable for its age and price.

4. the Fender fretboard is in great shape...no dings that I can see.

5. the p/u is the flat, rectangular shaped p/u which is original to the guitar.

6. I had the pedal rack buffed out, hand poilished the rest w/minimal effort.

7. guitar appears to be std height, legs and pedal rods are original and in fine shape.

8. sorry, no trades on this one.

thx again, Zeke,

MC
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

I now have a few pics I can send via email, but cant get 'em on here for some reason :(

Pics will be up on here after 3pm CDT, courtesy of Cal Sharp.
Carl McLaughlin

Fender

Post by Carl McLaughlin »

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE PHOTOS.I AM VERY INTERESTED.
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.
Carl McLaughlin

Fender

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE PHOTOS.I AM VERY INTERESTED.
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

C#
Me: Steel Guitar Madness
Latest ebook: Steel Guitar Insanity
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

Thanks Cal! Accurately represents the guitar.
Carl McLaughlin

Fender

:D Hi Mike Carl here in Canada,sent you an email.Nice Photos,I assume the guitar is player ready?
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

yep it sure is!

Emmons setup on the pedals,
LKL raises E's to F.
LKR lowers E's to Eb.
RKL raises str1 F# to G# and lowers str6 G# to F#.
RKR lowers string 2 D to C#

brand new strings and all lubricated w/proper viscosity product.

Carl, no emails yet..check to make sure the address is right
Carl McLaughlin

Fender

Sent you a personal message. :)
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

thanx, but credit goes to C# for the nice cam work and posting!
btw, Id sent you an email before coming back here :lol: please respond to it, thx!
Walter Seaman

Post by Walter Seaman »

What's the current status of this instrument? Has it been sold? Thanks!
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

I think it might be a time zone deal going on here between Carl & myself.
Walter, as of now its still available.
thanx!

MC
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Mike, what is the total weight in the case. I'm looking for a fly guitar.
Johnny
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Mike, what is the total weight in the case. I'm looking for a fly guitar.
Johnny
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

hi Johnny,

Im not sure but I'll check it asap for you and post it here. hope alls well with ya.
sincerely,

MC

ps. guitar still available, Carl changed his mind.
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

Dumplin'

46.6 lbs w/legs etc.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Man thats a sweetheart Mike.. I was looking for one not long ago, and would have grabbed this one right up..

Right now I have 2 steels.I have a Fender 800 cable job, and a late Pro I w/ Super Pro guts. They are sitting right next to each other, and I have seen them rubbing knee levers.. I guess that there will be pups soon, and they should come out looking a lot like your Fender Artist!.... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

Bob C. :lol:
if this was a D-10 y'all wouldnt even know I have it....... :wink: Im really surprised how solid this guitar sounds, but theres alotta aluminum on it...steel guitars like aluminum.
1st one to pull the trigger gets it. Can ship it Monday, now that its in the case...
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Image :) :) :)
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

:) :) :) :) yep!
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

You know..........
this sale got off to a weird, confusing start, and the holiday didnt help, so Im gonna give it one more day @ the current price, then Im going to pull it for awhile. Monday 10pm CDT and then its outta here.
thanks for looking.

MC
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

1 hour, last chance...I'll pay CONUS shipping up to $50.00.....cant beat that!
Walter Seaman

Post by Walter Seaman »

Ok Mike I'll take it if it's still available. I'll email you.