Rentals in Wisconsin

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Daniel Showalter

Rentals in Wisconsin

Post by Daniel Showalter »

Planning a trip to Wisconsin in July for a reunion will be ther approx 2 weeks. coming from AZ. I might fly if I can find a steel to rent either from a store or private party. I will be in the Madison and Milwaukee areas. any ideas where one can rent there?
Bill Erchul

Post by Bill Erchul »

Hope someone local can step up and help Dan. I shipped my LeGrande II to play the same reunion 2 years ago and some minor damage occurred in transit. :( Anyone in SE Wisc. willing to rent?
Daniel Showalter

trip

may end up driving after all still addind up airline cost car rental vs gas .
Dyke Corson

Post by Dyke Corson »

My wife and I have been driving to the gigs lately, I've tried to arrange rentals but it never seems to work out. Plus each airline seems to have different rates and rules for steels guitars over 50lbs. We have an older Civic that gets close to 40mpg with all my gear in it, so we usually come out way ahead $$$ wise, just a lot of windshield time! Of course if someone is driving the backline trailer we try to fly.
Chris Dorch

Post by Chris Dorch »

There isn't anywhere that I know of that either rents steels or has any just sitting around...
Rick Myrland

Post by Rick Myrland »

Dan,

Are looking for two solid weeks, or just a portion of that time? And, about when in July?
Mullen G2; Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb; Goodrich L-120
Daniel Showalter

rick

Main event is a reunion of Broken Bow a opular band late 70's into 1981 that will be just outside of Milwaukee and I am trying to schedule la jam/reunion of Midnight Flyer from same era and earlier ink the Madison area but nothing scheduled as yet. the Max time would probably be from mJuly 10-11 throughjuly 16-17. I am still clculating flight costs vs driving costs. Main consideration is going to be money vs time and whether there are any intermediatte stops I can arrange to meet old friends across country to catch up on old times and share my reasons for faith in Christ as the old Byrdds song says "what goods a friend who'd want you to fall". My needs are for a pedal steel and amp, usually play a Peavy solid state (using a sesson 500 on stage now and a Webb at home and in studio but also used to play an LTD which I still have). I also play guitar but i can get by with any guitar and tube amp so that is not really an issue . I play double neck but am mainly an E9 player though my understanding of and ability on C6 is finally starting to comde to something. Not sure what I would sit on as I am used to a packaseat but could probably find a chair and phone book if needed to get the proper height. I currently play with the Rowdy Johnson Band and we are just preparing to release our 2nd CD and havesome nice gigs coming this year but this trip is for nostalgea. Dan
Ryan Knudson

Post by Ryan Knudson »

Dan,

Check your PM's.