Volume Pedal

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris Weronski

Volume Pedal

Post by Chris Weronski »

I have been looking at volume pedals and I see that Hilton and Goodrich seem to be the most popular. Any suggestions as to which one is better?
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Both are real good. The Hilton is electronic and you will never have to replace the pot (there isn't one). The Goodrich 120 has been a "go to " pedal for many years. They are also great pedals, but there seem to be issues with the qualities of pots over the last few years. The Goodrich is lower in price also.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

What Richard said. You'll see a lot of people on here saying that the Hilton or Telonics pedals are the bee's knees, and they're great, and both Dave Beaty and Keith Hilton provide stellar customer service.
But Tommy White and Paul Franklin have both said they've gone back to Goodrich 120s. I stick with the Goodrich because I don't want another wallwart and cable to run.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

I have run a Hilton for 9 years now, and never opened er up and it's been to hell and back like rodeo's/rain/mud, you name it...Hilton without a doubt. No more Dopey string and tone loss and No... Dunlop's pot's aren't much better. Yeah.... a million swipes, but they still get muddy and the string still breaks.
A.K.A Chappy.