Traded Locally - Please Close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Eldridge

Traded Locally - Please Close

Post by Bob Eldridge »

Totally Pristine RD-40 Square Neck Regal. There appeared to be a smudge just below the neck, but that cleaned up perfectly as you can see in the 3rd picture. No scratches or dings anywhere. This guitar is one of the best Regals I've ever played. It's construction is totally different from any import reso you're likely to have seen. To begin with the square neck is more narrow than most and a bit tapered, allowing for closer string spacing and an overall sleeker, more "finished" appearance. It appears to have a natural spruce top and mahogony sides and back with triple binding (front, back and neck). This model has what Regal calls the "Power Reflex Chamber", an open design with sound posts and baffle, allowing for a substantially increased volume. I actually like this spider bridge better than the #14 which I usually install. The tone is pretty much what you expect from a Scheerhorn cone; growly lows, smooth mids and sweet ringing highs. It comes with a very nice padded hard shell case. $395 plus shipping. I'm looking for my next project, so if you have a nice square neck you'd like to trade, I'd sure consider it. Check out the pictures below and let me know if you have any questions.
[beldridge02@gmail.com 1964 Fender Showman, Fender Mustang V, 1965 Mosrite, Beard Gold Tone Resonator, Carter S10, Sh0-Bud Maverick, Recording King Resonator