Case question for you all

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gerald Menke

Case question for you all

Post by Gerald Menke »

Hey there,

I play an old push pull that I bought in its original case. Carted it around in a Texas Case for years until the handle gave up the ghost, and have gone back to the original tolex covered case. The case is probably about as old as the guitar (and me) i.e some 43 years. The tolex is getting wasted, am considering two options, just getting a new case for it, or having a D2F cover made, as I have one of their covers for my pac-a-seat and the thing was money very well spent.

Third option might be to see about getting a new handle for the flight case, but my understanding is that Texas Case is no longer in operation.

Sorry for the truly dull nature of this question, but where else can I turn?

Thanks for reading my post.

Gerald
Greg McMullen

Post by Greg McMullen »

Howdy Gerald!
I believe Texas Case is now Red Dirt Cases, but I could be wrong... I could help you with your case repair, as I have had to patch my road case up a few times. Drop me a line...
Cheers,
Greg
Joshua Gibson

Post by Joshua Gibson »

Hey Gerald, a friend of Mine, Bob Littleton of west coast steel guitars recently has started making split cases(he's been making them for some time but just decided to start marketing them)He's extremely reasonable and I'll tell Ya, the cases are built like tanks and knocked a good 15 pounds off My '76 PP, If You're interested I can Email You some pics of Mine... :D, drop Me a line!,

Josh Gibson.
'83 Mullen custom D-10 8x5.
Mesa Lonestar classic 112 custom cab.
Session 400 Ltd, Nashville 1000,
Telonics, Zoom, BJS,
Goldtone BS, LITM, OS Dobros.
Fender, G&L, Gibson, Ibanez guitars.