Steel Guitar Players from the New England area

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Sam White

Steel Guitar Players from the New England area

Post by Sam White »

Lets see how many Steel Guitar Players we have up in the New England area and brand of Steel Guitar
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 19 Feb 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Eddie Cunningham

N.E. Steel Players ??

Post by Eddie Cunningham »

Hi Sam , good luck on your move to sunny Florida !! There are too many steel pickers to count up here as most are hidden away in the woods and never join RISGA !! Olde geeze AKA Eddie "C"
Ray McCarthy

Post by Ray McCarthy »

Wolfeboro, NH, Derby SD10 (#316), Sarno BB, Roland Cube 80 XL, NV 112.
I've been here about 7 years--Eastern Long Island before that, Jersey before that.

Ray
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Eddie I know there are lots of Steel players up in the area that play in the woods and don't come out. I think that is a shame because there are some great Steel Players hiding in the woods.

Ray I guess you are like Anna and I we are always moving. I can say one thing about moving around the Country.WE have lived from the East coast to the West coast and from the far north to the far South. We have met more people and great people and some of the best Steel Guitar Players you could ever meet and we are still meeting more. We have good friends all over the USA and they keep in touch with us as we do the same. I have met a lot of the Big Boys on Steel Guitar and enjoyed every second of it.They are the best people in the world.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Ed Iarusso

Post by Ed Iarusso »

I'm here in East Haddam CT. I play a Lashly LeGrande thru various amps and effects.
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

I live in Waterbury Ctr. VT and play a Fessenden S12u and have an Infinity S12u on the way. Been playing PSG since 82 and Dobro since 73.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi jimmy I know you when Anna and I lived in Vermont.We were at a place where you played The Fessy Steel and when you set it up the water was dripping off of it. Their was another Blue grass band that played before your band and the Mandolin player was leaving to following week to play in a band in Nashville and the band leader died the week after he got there.You said to me you played out the knight before and you left the steel in your car all night when you got home.I'm a friend of Jerry Fessenden and Merl Record.
Sam White
Jim Pitman

Post by Jim Pitman »

Sam, Refresh my memory - where was the gig? Venue? How long ago?
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi jim it was a gig that a blue grass Band played first and the you came in and your band played after. It was in Brandon or Rutland The young guy that played Mandolin Was leaving the band the following week and going to Nashville to play in Waylon Jennings band and Waylon died the week after he got out there to play in Waylon's Band.It was back in the winter of 2002.
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 20 Feb 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

()
Lana Carroll

Post by Lana Carroll »

I'm happy to see this thread! I've lived in NYC for more than a decade, but I grew up in NH. I have a lot of New England pride even though I call Brooklyn my home.

I play a Fessenden SD-10 for all my gigs and recording sessions. Not sure if it's just that old New England pride again, but Fessys have always been my favorite brand. I also have an old Dekley that looks and sounds amazing, but the Fessenden takes the cake.
Brett Lanier

Post by Brett Lanier »

Hi Sam. I'm originally from western Massachusettes but I've been living in Vermont for about ten years (both New England!). Old Fussy is a good friend of mine as well and I've had a couple of guitars he built. Nowadays I'm down to just two guitars though; a '78 Emmons d10, and my first steel guitar, a Fender 1000. Ya know, everytime I think I've met all the steel players up here another one pops up. It'd be interesting to get a real tally.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Bret I"m from Rhode Island lived in OxfordMaine and Middlebury Vermont.Been up to see Larry Bevins play steel guitar in Burlington been to Jerry Fessendens place a few times and bought a new Steel From him back in 1997.
Sam white
Ray Mardin

steel players

Post by Ray Mardin »

hello i am ray mardin from campton new hampshire saying hi to all steel players in new england area i play a sd10 fessy in the market for a d10 have a peavey nashville 115 digitech preamp processor fender strat taylor 814 guitar
Fred Thompson

Post by Fred Thompson »

Formerly from Rockland, Maine, now live in Waldoboro when it's warm, Zephyrhills, FL. when it isn't. :)
Play a ShoBud LDG, Emmons SD-10 into an MB-200/15" Eminence or, NV 112, or Steel King, or PV 130 Special. When needed, a combination of any two. :whoa:
Fred
The difference between a musician and a savings bond is eventually the bond will mature and earn money.
Erich Meisberger

Post by Erich Meisberger »

Hello all,
Greetings from Milton Vermont (just north of Burlington).
Been pickin' my Fessy sd10 for just over three years now.
Many thanks to my fellow Vermont steelers who have helped me along the way.
Cheers