2010 Rains 3x5 - Blue & Beautiful! MUST SELL

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Les Hardin

2010 Rains 3x5 - Blue & Beautiful! MUST SELL

Post by Les Hardin »

I'm reluctantly putting up my Rains for sale due to several factors - not the least of which is the passing of my teacher, the great Mike Auldridge. But I'm getting into bluegrass these days, and as you all know, they frown a bit on the PSG in those circles. Anyway, the instrument is in pristine condition, rarely played, as I got it about the time Mike stopped teaching. It's Emmons setup (I'll send the exact copedent to anyone wanting it, just PM me).

I am also throwing in a Peterson strobe tuner (Stomp 2), 5 sets of strings, a Hilton volume pedal, a bar, picks, a cover, and whatever else I can find laying around. It also has a case in new condition. The pedal rods are numbered for easy reassembly. And of course it has hex nuts to help you perfectly tune all the splits you want.

I'm asking $3,000 for the lot, shipped anywhere in the lower 48. If you want it, I'll even throw in a drummers throne, just pay shipping on that. Pictures below. Thanks for looking.

Looking for guitar; Nashville 1000; Hilton VP; Peterson Strobe Tuner.
Les Hardin

Ttt

Post by Les Hardin »

Make me an offer! Daddy needs a new knee! ;-)
Looking for guitar; Nashville 1000; Hilton VP; Peterson Strobe Tuner.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

PM sent...
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Watch for a beautiful MSA Classic in the for sale section once this beautiful Rains arrives safely at my Saloon!
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Joe, your gonna love that. I would've bought that myself
last week when I first saw, but I had just bought my wife
a new car the day before he posted it, and that broke me.
That's the same Blue as I have on one of my Rittenberry's.
You'll get many years of enjoyment from that for sure :) :) :)
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Thank you.

I am so incredibly excited I never thought I be in a position to get something this nice!
Duane Reese

Re: 2010 Rains 3x5 - Blue & Beautiful! MUST SELL

Post by Duane Reese »

Les Hardin wrote:I'm getting into bluegrass these days, and as you all know, they frown a bit on the PSG in those circles.
They frown on a lot of things in those circles. :P Well, maybe that has just been my experience with them.

Bump for a great guitar with an excellent reputation.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

Is this still available??
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Nope. It's on it's way to my home, should be here tomorrow. I no longer have to search the classified section twice a day looking and dreaming!
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Arrived safely. already set up and playing on the stage in the saloon. One happy customer here! Thank you Les, and thanks to the Forum for a great place to find, buy & sell PSG!

Tim Moe

Post by Tim Moe »

Congratulations Joe, it looks great. I know you'll be happy with a single neck. I look forward to seeing it some night at the saloon!!
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Tim, thanks and again, please contact me and make plans to make it to one of our jams sometime soon! The Rains was a hit last night at the jam. I've brass-wooled the end plates, legs and pedal bar and used some jeweler's compound to give it all a high polish, WOW this guitar is built with ultra high quality materials!!!!!!!!
Mark S. Miller

Post by Mark S. Miller »

Joe you better make sure you bring that guitar to your dads jam when you get back to Buffalo so I can play it.
Congratulations of being an owner of a great steel.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

I will be up there in a couple of weeks! Be sure to check it out. I would love for someone who knows what they are doing to sit behind it so I can hear what it is supposed to sound like!

One thing I was very pleased with is the blue on this guitar is VERY dark. In the pics that were originally posted it looks light, but it's actually a very dark navy blue, almost black which I absolutely love much more so than they way it looks in the pics.