Restored MSA Classic D10 - Split Cases - Lowered Price Again

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Greely Baggett

MSA D-10 Classic

Post by Greely Baggett »

Darvin
I would be glad to take this guitar off your hands. I'm not trying to low-ball you or anything. I will give you what you want. I'm in Oklahoma City. I can meet you half way; Dallas area. I sent you an email with further information.

Thanks!
Greely Baggett-Songwriter/Singer/Musician
GMA-ASCAP
Greely Baggett

D-10 MSA CLassic

Post by Greely Baggett »

Darvin...
I had to update my profile with my correct email address. I thought it took the last time I updated it. The last post or email I sent you may not have given you the right email address to respond to. Now...it is correct. Sorry bout' that...

Thanks!
Greely Baggett-Songwriter/Singer/Musician
GMA-ASCAP
Lee Dassow

restored MSA classic D-10-split cases

Post by Lee Dassow »

Thanks darvin,
It figures I just bought one locally about three weeks ago for a grand, and your's pops up. Oh well, By the way did you make those horizontal knee lever's. Or are they original MSA. Very nice indeed. LEE
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I made the vertical levers, I didn't care much for the original Classic verticals, so I made these which are similar to the new verticals MSA uses on the Legends, Millenniums, and Studio Pro's.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Lee Dassow

Post by Lee Dassow »

whew, That guitar is killing me. I love that added height. Is Pedal 4 still raising the a's to b on the c6th neck. That middle vertical, do you move your left knee in and out to play it. LEE
Last edited by Lee Dassow on 14 Jan 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Darvin Willhoite

Lee, I sent my phone number to you on email and PM.

I put the Franklin change on the fourth pedal except for lowering the 10th string, I do that with the RKL. The middle vertical is for the C6th neck, there is also a LKR dedicated for C6th. I use two RKL's, I move my knee back slightly to activate the rear one. Tom Brumley used something similar but his were RKR's.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Lee Dassow

Post by Lee Dassow »

Darvin, called you guess you were out. LEE
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

I cannot beleive this awsome guitar is still up for grabs! Who ever buys this guitar it will out last youre great great grandkids!
Darvin Willhoite

Still available.
Darvin Willhoite
Darvin Willhoite

Bump to the top, lowered price again.
Darvin Willhoite
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

Bump :idea:
Bob Nelson

Vertical knee levers

Post by Bob Nelson »

Darvin, I am wondering where you got the vertical knee levers on your MSA and if they would be available to buy, I'm looking for a couple of them. They look better than the original ones. If they are available, would you email me or call me at 406-647-8910 and let me know where I could get them.
Thank you, Bob Nelson
Darvin Willhoite

Bob, I made those verticals, I sort of patterned them after the one's on my Legend, Millennium, and Studio Pro. I don't have time to make them to sell, but Michael Yahl at Pedal Steel Guitar parts can supply them. http://www.psgparts.com/main.sc I don't think they are shown on his website, but he can make them.
Darvin Willhoite
Darvin Willhoite

SOLD, pending arrival of funds.
Darvin Willhoite
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

Darvin, you have some nice stuff & your grandkids are lucky to have a papa (Grampa) like you :wink:
steve takacs

Incredible guitar

Post by steve takacs »

Incredible guitar and bargain. Darvin also takes care of his instruments. This is selling for the price of some of the lightweight S-10s being made . Yes it may not be "light" but it is "right" stevet