The state of country music... What's your take on this?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

I can't understand how some won't admit the [OLD] country is not selling.You can channel surf on most any night and see at least three channels with infomercials selling classic music [of ALL venues. How can you buy [NEW] classic country ? duh.IT's been YEARS since any decent music [country,do-wop,be-bop,rock,etc,has been recorded,Same with song writing,How long since you have heard a song at number one on the country charts such as [Crazy,Gentle on my mind,Crazy arms,Four Walls,Send me the pillow you dream on,Tenn Waltz,on and on and on,Today you get crap about pick-up trucks,tractors,and Bo-donk-a donk [whatever the hell that that is].And PLEASE don't say NO ONE is buying classic country these days.That makes about as much sense as anything you might hear Jay Carney say. :D YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC,
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Charlie,They sure try to sell Classic Country on TV mercials all the time thats because it's still around..Funny thing most of the new stuff don'rt stick around to become Classic..I get what your saying and I agree..
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Joe,Not only does classic music [Country and otherwise]sell it sells bigtime.Check out any large record store and it will have plenty classic music .In any retail setting shelf space is valuable.ANY PRODUCT that does not sell is GONE.Think about it Jimmy Rodgers has been gone 80 years,Hank Williams 60 years,[My alltime musical hero] Charlie [Bird] Parker 58 years but they and many of their peers are still selling.Wonder 60 or 80 years from now how well Blake Shelton[Mr.BS],Tim McGraw,Taylor Swift,Gary Allen,and their peers will their CD's be selling.YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Joe Casey got one right! 9 more to go!HUUUUUUUUUUUH! ;-) Who gonna fill them shoes? It's them Texas Proud Traditional working at the car wash blues folks. 8) The God Father of Southern California Country Music and keeping it alive too! Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Leo,"I'm Still in there trying"
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Joe Casey,because you're still here doing you part in keeping Topic's alive,that's all that matters. In the real picture we just all love to play music and make a little money alone the way. So please vote here in 2013 for my good young friends " The Farm " by The Academy Of Country Music Las Vegas awards Show. ;-) The God Father of California Country Music,Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.