Joe Sapp

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Poland

Joe Sapp

Post by Don Poland »

Spoke with Joe early this morning on FB. Apparently he had a blow-out on the interstate while headed to work. Well,he got his tire changed and low and behold he fell when getting back into his car and broke his ankle. Poor guy had a terrible day. As I understand it, he is waiting to find out if he is going to need surgery. I'd like to ask that everyone keeps him in your prayers. I know Marilyn will be taking good care of him. It is his left ankle, so no picking for him for a few weeks. Get better, Joe. If you need anything, I'm just across the mountain.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Don, please give Joe my get well wishes..
Hook
Graham

Post by Graham »

Sorry to hear this. Get better fast, Joe. Drifting Whistle Pigs won't be the same without you!!
Rebel�
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I wish Joe the best, he's a great guy and and a great player! Some years ago, he invited me up to his house, and we sat around and played and swapped stories all day. I really enjoyed myself - he's good people. :)
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:D Joe you need to stay off the hard stuff while walking ! :P To much caffeine my friend ! Best wishes to you ole buddie . Get better fast there has to be a steel jam for you to play in soon . G.P.
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Joe, hope its not to bad, get well soon, miss you guys,Shorty
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Joe Anna and I are sorry to hear this bad news. I know it has to be killing you not to be able to pay your Steel Right now.Anna and I hope you heal fast and
get back on that Steel Guitar.Joe is a super guy. I started the New England Steel Guitar Assoc. and Joe Sapp stopped by and picked up George Wixson in CT. and Joe drove all the way to R.I about a 5 hour ride to play in my first NESGA Steel Guitar Show back in 2008.That is a friend and a great person who would not take any money not even for Gasoline.Darn I hate this when something happens to a good friend of mine.Ray Walker was a great friend of mine and Joe Sapp,s and we both miss him dearly.Heal fast Joe people that listen to the whistling pigs will sure miss your playing the Steel Guitar.Joe My Friend you are in Anna and my prayers.
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Fellas:

thank you so much for all the kind words and prayers,,,I appreciate that more than you know. I might be down but not out,but this was not the way I wanted my Friday to turn out. will find out on the 31st. what the plan is and what will be done. I'll keep yall posted. Thank you all ever so much....Each of you are quite special....

Joe
Carl Houtz

Hang in There

Post by Carl Houtz »

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the ankle is not broken too bad. Spring is coming.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

well just got back from seeing the surgeon,,,,and it dosen't look good......I go to chambersburg hospital tomorrow at 8am for pre-op work up....(oh joy),,,,then my rebuild will take place feb. 7th. looks like my recovery period might be longer than thought.......more to follow.....

Joe
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

:( Sorry to hear this Joe . If you don't mind i will put you on our church prayer list . Maybe you can pm me with the details if you don't mind . God bless you my friend . G.P.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Joe My friend I hope every thing turns out great for you on the operation. Anna and I have you in our Prayers.You will just have to take it slow and easy for awhile. I know you need a rest but not this way. Just have faith and you will do fine. WE are hear if you need us.
Sam & Anna white
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Joe our praise and worship team had prayer for you this evening . I will add you to our church prayer team tomorrow . Keep the faith my friend . G.P.
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Praying for you Joe.

Tony
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

back from pre-op. blood work, chest X-ray, EKG, mersa check, so the only thing left to do is show thursday for the surgery. I'm quite gun shy about haveing this done,,,but it seems, it's the only way to fix it. Thank each of you for the kind words, prayers, and most of all,,,,the friendships.....I'll keep yall posted if anything else developes.....

God Bless each of you:

Joe
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Joe don't get all worked up over the operation.They will do it and when they are threw and you wake up you won't even know what happen. You will say well when are you going to do it. It will all be done.I had my left hand operated on 5 times and The last time I told my Doctor I wanted to watch and I watched and all the tendons looked like a wire harness in a car.I have had 3 Stents put in my heart and I have had three hernia operations so I guess you can call me a pro at that but not the Steel Guitar.We are all in your corner so every thing is going to go smooth for you. Trust in God ,us and the Doctor they know what they are doing.
Sam White
Gary Lee Gimble

Post by Gary Lee Gimble »

Joe,
I'll FedEx you, overnight too, a very nice 2x4 for you to gnaw on....good luck my friend.
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Gary:,,,,,send the 2X4 even collect. just got back from Dr. Shaffer...(joy),,,left ankle still too swollen to do the surgery on thursday. will return on monday, and hopefully get the rebuild on the 13th. (wed.)...somehow the antibiotics arent working too well and he's affraid that infection will set in. I think he's looking at a new Mercedes. No work,no steel, no playing gigs,,,,,oh well,,,,maybe I need stronger Coffee!!!!!!!
Gary Lee Gimble

stronger Coffee..
Sure, add to your coffee, three jiggers of a decent Irish, a splash each, Kahlua and Cream de Menthe, you'll be good to go
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

Joe, Gary Lee has the right idea on adding to the coffee but not the 2x4. Here in WV they use the 2x4 to put you under lol Hope things work out for you and you are in our thoughts and prayers
PS: I always keeps some meds on hand

Bob Myers Pedalmaster Classic 8 & 7 Profex2 Peavey M7000 Power Amp 2 15in speakers Nashville 400 Digitech RP 100 67 Fender Duo-sonic 69 Fender Mustang
Gary Lee Gimble

Robert Myers, as defined by Wikipedia, a man with discriminating tastes....
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Has any one heard from Joe Sapp. I was wondering how he is doing and did he get operated on yet.Anna and I will keep him in our prayers.
Sam white
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Joe, sorry to hear you broke your ankle, take care and get well soon, been a while since I talk to you, sure hope all is ok in your family, we doing ok here, just getting old but still picking one to two nights each week, Shorty
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Shorty I use to run around in Columbus Georgia back in 1956 to 1958 I was stationed in Fort Benning on the main post across from the jump towers.Small world hey.Hope you are doing fine.
Sam White
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

I talked to Joe this morning and he is going in for surgery tomorrow. 2/13 Keep him and Marilyn in your prayers.
When I get a update I will let everyone know
Bob Myers Pedalmaster Classic 8 & 7 Profex2 Peavey M7000 Power Amp 2 15in speakers Nashville 400 Digitech RP 100 67 Fender Duo-sonic 69 Fender Mustang