MASGA JAM Kannapolis, North Carolina

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Kevin Robbins

MASGA JAM Kannapolis, North Carolina

Post by Kevin Robbins »

Happy New Year!

I'm glad to announce our Kannapolis Jam is scheduled for March 2nd,2013 at the Moose Lodge.

Jack Strayhorns band,"Distant Thunder" will provide backup.

The great Russ Hicks is our guest performer.

Kannapolis NC Moose Lodge
990 Old Beatty Ford Rd
China Grove, NC

Go to www.masga.info for driving directions and hotels in the area.
Last edited by Kevin Robbins on 23 Jan 2013 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
MASGA, Mullen G2, Hilton, Evans, Webb, Walker
Dan Blaisdell

Post by Dan Blaisdell »

Hey Kevin, thanks for posting the announcement. I might just be able to make this one. It's on the calendar!
GFI Ultra SD10 3+4,[Sarno Black Box], Hilton VP, Zoom MS-50, Special 130, Walker cases, Cobra Coil strings/bar, Not enough time.
Ray Thomas

Announcments

Post by Ray Thomas »

Kevin, you put this post in amps and accessories for sale, believe it should in "Event Announcements" Any way I plan to be there.
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email
Allen Howington

Hope to make it!

Post by Allen Howington »

Kevin,
Thanks for you guys putting this together. Don't seem like we have enough of these "get-together's" anymore. Hope to make it!

Allen Howington
Ollin Landers

Post by Ollin Landers »

I plan on being there as well. Sort of new in the area and just back from a 12 year break from playing.

It will be a great chance to meet fellow PSG players from around the area.

Do we want to move this thread to the events section?
b0b

Post by b0b »

Please include the STATE in your title, and include relevant details in your post. "The Moose Lodge" is not enough detail for an Event Announcements post. :x
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Jerome Hawkes

Post by Jerome Hawkes »

Dang bob - everybody round here knows where the Moose Lodge is - that's where you play Bingo 4 nights a week.
'65 Sho-Bud D-10 Permanent • '54 Fender Dual-8 • Clinesmith T-8 • '38 Ric Bakelite • '92 Emmons D-10 Legrande II
Johnny Howington

Thanks

Post by Johnny Howington »

Hello Kevin! Been a while! Thanks for putting us another jam together. I hope I can do better this time. It was still fun seeing everyone and getting to play together at Thomasville. I'm hoping to make this one. Look forward to seeing all again!
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Anna and I maybe coming if we have not moved to Florida by then. WE will also see the price on Gasoline. It is tough living on a fixed income.WE will see what happens between now and then.Also I will be bringing the Steel Guitar that Jack Palmer and Ray Walker built and it is a beautiful looking Steel Guitar and you will see the beautiful cabinet work that Ray did on this Steel Guitar.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
b0b

Post by b0b »

Jerome Hawkes wrote:Dang bob - everybody round here knows where the Moose Lodge is - that's where you play Bingo 4 nights a week.
Problem is, nobody knows where round here is.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Bob The Moose Lodge is located in Kannapolis,North Carolina.It is where they have one of their Steel Guitar Jams every year.The second one they do is in Thomasville North Carolina and that one is in the fall of the year.
Sam white
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
b0b

Post by b0b »

Not exactly "round here" for most Forum members. That's why we require the STATE, at least, in Event Announcement titles. Most people have no clue where in the world Kannapolis is.

I've edited the title.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Thanks Bob I have been a member of The MASGA in North Carolina and I live in North Carolina.I'm glad I could have been of some help.
Sam white
Scot Buffington

Post by Scot Buffington »

My brother, Tim, and I will see you there on March 2, 2013. We will bring some new 500 series amps for demonstration.
Keith Poteat

Post by Keith Poteat »

Bob, You are right about most people not knowing where Kannapolis is but I'll bet you and most people on the Forum have washed and dried themselves with towels and washcloths that were made here. Before Charlie Cannon died it was the largest manufacturer of textiles in the world. A great place to grow up back in the 50's. A billionaire bought the mill and tore it down to the ground and built some big beautiful buildings for a research center. Now downtown looks like a ghost town. I guess that's progress but it's sad to these old eyes.
b0b

Post by b0b »

True, but knowing that does nothing to improve the bandwidth of the forum. When people don't post the location in the title, members must open the topic to see if the event is near them or not. That wastes forum bandwidth and slows down the server for everyone.

I don't make these rules for my own enjoyment. I just want the forum to work better for everyone.
Keith Poteat

Post by Keith Poteat »

Sorry Bob. Didn't mean to get on my bandwagon.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

I plan on coming and looking forward to it!

The Moose Lodge address is:

Kannapolis NC Moose Lodge
990 Old Beatty Ford Road
China Grove, NC
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Johnny Howington

Mr. Mills

Where is Arnett Mills? I hope Mr. Arnett Mills is coming so he can show me some of those same licks he showed me in Thomasville. I'm gonna try to do better this time Arnett. Hope to see you there!! :D
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Hey Guys,

Johnny, I spoke with Arnett a couple of weeks back and he said he was going to try to make this one. I plan on coming down for a little while unless I can get a sub for me. In that case I will be there a day. I have missed way to much fun & seeing by buddies recently. Russ will just have to practice a little :) so I don't embarass him with my hot licks and pressure LOL. I'm calling you out Wrussle you Wrascilly Wrabbit!

Seriously, I really look forward to seeing all my steel picking buddies and hearing some great picking!

Kind Regards,

Jerry
Johnny Howington

Great!

Thanks Jerry, I also look forward to seeing you and hearing you play again as well. Arnett played right beside me in Thomasville and was just a lot of fun to talk to and man he can play a steel guitar. I enjoyed his playing style. You know the more I learn about this instrument the more I appreciate those that can really play. It takes a lot of work to get as good as most you guys are. I'm still trying to learn as much as I can. I have just learned enough to know I have a lot to learn!! :whoa: It sure is fun trying! :x It is just amazing to listen to all the great players at these conventions. It always makes me come home and try to work harder to play better. It is also fun to have my Brother and my Dad at my side coaching me along. They are a big influence in my steel playing. Allen has helped me a lot and gives me a lot of encouragement. It's a great day with family and all that steel playing! I can't wait!! See you all soon!! Tuning up my guitar now!!!
Jerry Fleming

Post by Jerry Fleming »

Good morning Johnny,

I heard Jeff Newman once say "it will fling a craving on you" once you get bitten by the steel bug you are in it for life. I love the pretty stuff and I agree with you Arnett plays so smooth and tasteful and pulls at your heart strings with his playing! I proud to say he is one of my heroes and dear friends. We use to spend a lot of time at Leonard's on Saturday morning jamming. Those are days I treasure. I am looking forward to seeing you, Allen all my picking buddies soon! I know we have all had a lot going on in the last couple of years but we need to plan a cookout and make a joyful sound soon!

Best wishes,
Jerry
Allen Howington

Ttt

TTT for a good show and good friends
David Christmas

Post by David Christmas »

Can i come and play? :\
Allen Howington

Yes

Would enjoy seeing you, been a long time.