Are you 'hip'?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

seldomfed

Are you 'hip'?

Post by seldomfed »

so, I need a new hip. Arthritis dang it.

has anyone gone thru this and had issues getting back to playing pedal steel?
I know we all heal differently, but most friends have seen amazing improvement in quality of life, zero pain etc. so I don't have too many concerns, but...

I just wondered if anyone had advise or cautions, specific to the ergonomics of playing steel as a cyborg.

cheers,
Chris

ps. you can reply to: seldomfed@gmail.com
Chris Kennison
Rhythm Cats - steel, guitar, banjo, dobro
Gold Canyon, AZ
www.rhythmcatsshow.com
www.seldomfed.com
Jr. Watts

Post by Jr. Watts »

I had a total left hip replacement in 2004. It was not all that bad and it relieved my pain. I went back to work three months after surgery. The hardest parts for me were getting in bed without letting my leg go sideways and taking a shower without getting the wound wet. When it comes time for the right one I will have no hesitation about getting it done. Jr. Watts
Sierra 12/10 gearless, Gibson Console Grand, Homemade dobro, Gretsch 5122, Peavey Session 400 limited, Peavey Classic VTX, Spectra 30-7.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

I think I'd make sure the docs know what's involved in steel playing and that they bear it in mind when they're planning what to install and how they're going to do it.Anyway,good thoughts and good luck,Chris.
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/busin ... ref=health

Make sure you shop around... there is a choice in makers.

And good luck!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329