Cindy Cashdollar videos

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jim Kelley

Cindy Cashdollar videos

Post by Jim Kelley »

Hello ladies and gentlemen, non-pedal steelers: I just wanted to put my two cents in about her majesty's teaching videos offered through Homespun tapes. They are excellent; I urge all neophyte steel players (like myself) to get them. After just a few days I could play tunes and execute the exercises on the videos. A word of note: I would'nt have been able to learn nearly as fast if I didn't have a working knowledge of basic music theory. If you're playing by ear and are struggling with your instrument, please take the time and do the needful and learn about the basic theory thats involved in swing music. If you've been putting off the learning, don't do it anymore. Having this knowledge will help your playing more than hundreds of hours of practise.
your friend, Jim
miss lucille

Post by miss lucille »

Jim- I definitely agree with you these videos are extremely helpful! She really helps you get from point A to point B and so forth.

While playing on the bandstand, I have been able to incorporate some of the licks she has provided on the video and believe me the guitar player and audience definitely notices in a good way.

I agree some of the theory can be a bit confusing. I am struggling a bit with that myself. O'well gotta learn it or else!
Kind Regards,
Miss Lucille
Rich Young

Post by Rich Young »

I agree, they were excellent when I was starting. She explains things well. I wish she'd do one a little more intermediate level. I could use that.