Bill Lawrence LXR16 Please close...bought new.

Post here if you're looking for something special
Don Christy

Bill Lawrence LXR16 Please close...bought new.

Post by Don Christy »

I'm replacing my stock Mullen steel guitar narrow body pick-up with a Bill Lawrence LXR16 narrow body 10 string.

I need an original used or new LXR16. I know there are some copycat LXR16's and 705's out there and I don't want them, just an orginial LXR16 narrow body 10 string to fit my 1997 Mullen Pre-Royal Pro model.

Some steel players might still have a new LXR16 that they bought years ago and never used them. If you have either an orginial used or new one, contact me today!

Contact me at ddc9000@sbcglobal.net or call me at 316-830-0072 if you have an orginial LXR16 used or new.

Thank you!

Don
Last edited by Don Christy on 4 Dec 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Glavey

Post by Joe Glavey »

You can still buy them directly from Bill Lawrence.

http://wildepickups.com/Steel_Guitar_Pickups.html
Don Christy

Post by Don Christy »

Thanks Joe! I didn't know if the company was still doing business these days.

I will contact them with the link you gave me.

Thanks again!
Joe Glavey

Post by Joe Glavey »

Yes he is still in business. Bill and Becky have been having some health issues but they keep working on pickups. He has to sell them under the Wilde name due to some court rulings but the pickups on that site are the products manufactured by Bill Lawrence.
Don Christy

Post by Don Christy »

Sorry to hear about Bill And Becky's health. Joe, thank you for the updates.

I think in the future the LxR16 will replace the 705. Just my opinion, what are your thoughts on this? Anyone?
Joe Glavey

Post by Joe Glavey »

I have a TrueTone in my guitar but I use Bill Lawrence pickups in my six string guitars. Trying to select a pickup on the advise of others can drive you crazy. All that matters is what YOU think sounds the best. I believe Wayne Dahl who is Martina McBride's steeler had Lawrence pickups in his Carter that he used about five years ago. He is currently using a ZumSteel and I am not sure about his pickup. Here's a YouTube link with Wayne playing his Carter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy2nWDospCw