Peavey Session 500 - Like New - Lower Price

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Darvin Willhoite

Peavey Session 500 - Like New - Lower Price

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

This is great sounding Session that has been used very little. It still looks and sounds as good as the day I brought it home. I bought it new in 1981 and I used it for a few years in the church I went to in Arlington, Tx. and other than that I don't remember it ever being out of the house, except when I moved. It has been used in my studio maybe 10 times in the last 10 years.

The reverb, chorus, and string effects all work fine, and it has the remote for the effects that clips to the leg of your steel and it works fine. There is no hum or hiss that I can detect even in my quiet studio. It also comes with the original cover that looks new. I think I still have the original owners manual, but I would have to dig it out of my files. These have a variable crossover that allows you to route the lower frequencies to a bass amp or PA amp making a wide range system. This really enhances the sound of a steel. I used it with a small Peavey bass amp that I will have for sale in a separate listing.

As everyone knows, these are really heavy and I would like to sell it locally, or within a reasonable distance of Austin, Tx. so I wouldn't have to ship it. It would be expensive, and there is always a chance of damage, but, I will ship it if I have to. I would ship it in two separate boxes, the chassis in one, and the cabinet and speaker in the other, which makes it lighter and less prone to damage during shipment. You would need to be able to put it back together when you get it.

Price was $375, now lowered to $350. I will take Paypal.

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 26 Oct 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Darvin Willhoite

Price lowered to $375.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Darvin Willhoite

Lowered again, $350.00.
Darvin Willhoite
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Killer amp, great price. Good luck with the sale, Darvin.

I feel Buddy Emmons sounded his best ever playing through Session 500's at the St. Louis show in the 70's and 80's.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Darvin Willhoite

Thanks John, I read an interview with Buddy several years ago where he said he thought this was the best steel guitar amp available at that time. I have a video of Clint Strong doing a seminar at Guitar Institute and he's using a 500 for Jazz guitar.
Darvin Willhoite
Lyndle Gregory

session 500

Post by Lyndle Gregory »

Would you be willing to sell the remote switch by itself. I have lost mine and can't seem to find one. Thanks
Darvin Willhoite

No Lyndle, I better keep the switch with the amp. I bought a 500 switch on Ebay several years ago that needed fixed, I can't remember now what was wrong with it. I fixed it and re-sold it on the Forum, they do pop up occasionally.
Darvin Willhoite
Mike Archer

want amp

Post by Mike Archer »

Darvin please consider amp sold

RAY ROBBINETTE wants to buy your session 500

he does not have a computer but asked me to have you call him at 423 743 0505

he has a sister in texas who will come up and pay for the amp and pick it up

thanks Mike Archer also sending email
Emmons SKH legrande/ Nash 400 amps
Tele and deluxe amp
Keith Howard

Post by Keith Howard »

Is this amp still available or did it get sold?
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

If only you were closer........ :?:
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
Darvin Willhoite

This amp has been sold. Sorry for the late posting.
Darvin Willhoite