Steel Show Fulton MS Oct. 5th and 6th.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ben ODell

Boiled.... HUH??

Post by Ben ODell »

Oh well, Sounds good to me HA !!! Sure wish I could stay put for sadday but.........

Really looking forward to meeting Rudy. Mike Hoover has had some stuff to say about him. HUMMMMM !! But then, go back to the turkey neck thing.....

See you there.
Ben-Jamin "O"
Billy Carr
Restricted

Fulton

Post by Billy Carr »

T - T - T. Great show coming up. We're leaving out early Friday morning headed to Fulton. Lots of fun & steel pickers!
Bill Stafford

Fulton

Post by Bill Stafford »

Same here, Billy C. Will be good to see and hear you playing again. Maybe you can keep Ben O'Dell straight. Be glad to see him again. Hope he will want to help me out too..
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr
Restricted

Fulton

Post by Billy Carr »

Be good to see you to Bill S. Hope the wife is doing ok. We'll turn ole Ben loose and see if he can still cut a rug! Be good to see everybody again. Will be in Gulfport in Nov. See ya buddy!
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Jim, I cancelled the appointment I had in Starkville, so looks like I'll get a chance to come hear some good picking after all. Looking forward to seeing some folks I haven't seen in a while.
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Looks like Ben is all geared up and a lot of us are. Just a couple days left to the show with things really looking good. Still at the same location at the Tombigbee Jamboree Building on access rd. In Fulton, Ms.7 PM Friday Night and at 1 PM on saturday. Everyone is invited to be with us.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Fulton

Post by Billy Carr »

T - T - T!
Ben ODell

Re: OLE BEN IN GEAR

Post by Ben ODell »

Yeah Billy.... Ole Ben is in gear alright.... LOW GEAR Ha !! I'm gonna have to shift into "DOUBLE OVER DRIVE" though. Make the drive in, on friday, and drive right back to Ben's house after the show. MMM,,,MMM,,,MMM.

Sure going to be nice to see you all up there. Looking forward to it. Then on to Gulfport next month for another GOOD-UN. And Jim Parker, "JIST CALM DOWN" !!!!

Ben-Jamin "O"
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

all aboard for opryland u.s.a.......
oop's i can't go there..., but, the train is pullin out for the fall steel guitar showcase at the not quite yet so world famous tom bigbee jamboree tonite.
bring your rig and come on. all roads lead to fulton, mississippi.
be there where there's music in the air and steel guitars everywhere.....

country.....
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

The saturday show is tomorrow so if you can come out I know it will be great.
Ben ODell

Wow !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Hello Jim and ALL !!

Had a great time up there with ya'll and hope to do it again soon. Sorry we had to cut out and not make the saturday shin-dig. Would have loved to have been there for that one.

Thanks again for the invite, and that was real good up there with BILLY/BILLY.

Ben-Jamin "O"
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

Just got back from the show and it was AMAZING I enjoyed it all the playing and singing was really great I also want to thank Jim Parker for inviting me to come and play it was a lot of fun and I hope to attend again next year.To anyone who didnt go I strongly encourage you to try to make it next time it is well worth it.Johnny Cox was great I was glad I got to meet him and his playing was great he was awesome on 15 years ago.
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Ben i want to thANk you and Daniel as well as all of the rest of the players and singers who helped us with the show.A big thanks from me and Hammer. Looking forward to the Gulfport show Ben.
Billy Carr
Restricted

Fulton

Post by Billy Carr »

Got to see and listen to Johnny and Rudy this weekend. Great job. A real treat for pickers to see and visit with these steelmen. 100% on both. Mississippi has a bright future relating to future steel players. Daniel MaGee( I think I spelled it right? ) has the right mind set and drive to be a great steelman. That's what it takes to be a fine picker. I think we'll see a major improvement at each show he attends/plays at. He reminds me of someone I know of that started 41 years ago and had the same focus Daniel shows. Yep, I see him everyday in the mirror. He has the magic and I think he'll be a great steelman. All he needs is one thing. It's called time! I'll do anything I can to help this young man, as I'm sure, others will also. Stay with it brother, you have a gift. See you at the next show in Fulton. Jim Parker and Jackie both did a wonderful job keeping things going. These guys can sing on my sets anytime, anywhere. Bill Stafford, still Mr. Smooth and Mr. Niceguy! Ben O'Dell and Jack Harper, Nashville doesn't have anything better than these two entertainers. Tommy Young, a steel guitars best friend and a fine player himself. I just hate I got tangled up playing his magical blue D-10 Mullen. I forgot about my KL'er set up being different than most and I had to get my Williams back on stage to keep from totally burying myself! Sorry about that buddy! Mike Matthews, Wendell Gurley & Family, it was great to visit and see you guys. Thanks to Wendell for singing on my sets and helping me out. The backup band was super also. I'll be playing the Brandon Opry with my buddy Bobby Ray starting Oct. 20th, twice a month. Jay French, another great job by a very talented singer/steelman! Johnny & Rudy were excellent. Gulfport, MS. 11-2 & 11-3 is the place to be for Bill Stafford's show. I'll just stay on my red S-10D Williams. All singers/players did an excellent job! Thank you guys!
Bobby D. Ray

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

At the Brandon Opry, we're looking forward to having Billy Carr there with us! He will be a GREAT addition to the band! We have a big show coming on October 20 ... opening the newly-renovated room that night in the Brandon Conference Center. The show will be from 6:30 - 9:00 PM.
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

Billy you played great I enjoyed everybody on the show.I was so glad I got to play on the show I know I am not great but I am working at it and time is a very important thing in learning steel it doesent happen overnight.I met a guy who was a beginner and I dont believe I caught his name but he has a shobud pro 1 he is starting on and I want to wish him the best of luck with it and I hope it works out.I wish there had been a larger crowd so everyone please make plans to attend next year and invite some people its a great show you dont have to be a steel player to enjoy it.
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

Once again I want to thank Jim Parker for letting me come down and play it was a super show and everyone there was great.
Bill Stafford

Fulton show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Thanks to Jim Parker and Jack "Hammer" for the invitation to be on their program this past weekend. It was a great honor for me. Special thanks to all in the staff band for their most talented support to me and all the players.
Leon Champion

Fulton show

Post by Leon Champion »

Thanks to Jim and Jack for inviting me to play on this great show. Thanks to the band,Great musicians, Good to see all of our steel guitar friends .Thanks to Wendel Gurley and the other young man who sang on my set. looking forward to Gulf port in Nov. Agin THANKS Leon.
pdl20

Fulton Show

Post by pdl20 »

A BIG Thank You to Jim Parker and Jack Hammer, for a great show and letting me be a part of it and also a big thanks to all the guys in th backup band .wonderful job guys. Jack Harper and Wendle Gurley for all the songs they did with me , sorry my rack amp went south on Saturdays set ,will get into it and get it fixed or replaced ASAP. And thanks again to the Gentleman who loaned me his amp and effects pedal to finish the set.Come to the Gulfport show and i"ll buy you one of those great steak dinners at the VFW.What can i say about Mr. Johnny Cox,WOW, He is still a master of any steel he plays and a great friend of mine also.it was a treat to get to set in and jam with him and Billy Carr and the rest of the gang.If my health and playing skills are still with me next year i hope to do it again.I'm looking forward to the Gulf port Show in November so see ya"ll there. Rudy :)
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Wendell Gurley

Thanks To All!!

Post by Wendell Gurley »

My thanks to all who had a part in making this steel show a success--I, for one , had a great time and appreciate the efforts of everyone who contibuted to making that happen. Thanks to Johnny Cox, Rudy Osborne, Leon Champion, Billy Carr, Bill Stafford and Jim Parker for allowing me to share the stage with you--and the staff band did a great job! Ben on drums, Bobby and David on piano, Gary on bass, Danny and Floyd on guitar--and I know I'm forgetting some one, thanks to each of you!! And a special thank you to my friend, Country Jack Harper for his adding harmony to some of my songs, and doing it so well: always at the right time and in tune--appreciate it buddy!!
Jim Parker, I appreciate what you did in putting this show together and Jack Hammer for providing a place, etc, so this could happen! Hope to see each of you again soon--- Keep on steeling!! :D
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Without all of you guys we couldnt have a show and i want to say a big thanks to all of you once again for all that you did. Its was all my pleasure to have all of you.
Billy Carr
Restricted

pm

Post by Billy Carr »

Bobby R., I sent you a PM. Thanks.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments. I so enjoyed seeing my old pal Rudy, even more hearing him play again. All the other players sounded great too. Thanks to Jim and Jack for having me.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Leon Champion

lost cord

Post by Leon Champion »

While unpacking I find that I lost a George l cord, strait ends with black vinyl covers. Last seen on stage as I was packing up.I would like to get it back, if i could. Thanks Leon. Will be in Gulfport in Nov,