For Sale section

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Miles Unite

For Sale section

Post by Miles Unite »

I don't know if this has been asked before because I'm not "on" as much as some of you. But I've been thinking for a while that since there is a separate section for "Pedal Steel" and "Steel Without Pedals" it sure would be nice to have a "For Sale: Pedal Steels" section and a "For Sale: Non pedal Steels / lap steel" section.
I'll admit that I'm not as versatile as most of you in that I do not play nor do I ever intend to play pedal steel. It's hard enough for me just to handle the bar playing lap steel. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of pedal steel but it's just not my thing.
What i want to know is how many of you would be in favor of having just a section "For Sale:Lap Steel Guitars". I do look at the For Sale section a lot but I hate having to look thru everything when all I'm interested in is lap steel guitars.
Please let me know what you think.

MU
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

I myself have brought this up here before... not that much interest, at least on the part of 'those that matter' (b0b). The 1 in 10 posts for lap don't bother the pedallers... there's actually a lot more pedal steel activity on here than non-pedal, although most of the pedallers (*especially* the old school) are interested in and own lap steels. Perhaps that's the thing... a pedal steeler will consider buying either one, and they're in the majority.

This might actually be a good time to use that 'poll' feature.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Steve Green

Post by Steve Green »

In the forum section on TABLATURES, there is a "Sticky" post for Non-pedal tabs. I asked Brad in November of 2010 about the possibility of creating a "Sticky" in the FOR SALE-STEEL GUITARS section strictly for Non-pedal guitars, but it couldn't be done.

Brad Bechtel wrote:Unfortunately the For Sale category isn't able to be broken down into a pedal and nonpedal steel guitar format, so that wouldn't work. It's a nice suggestion though, and I thank you for coming up with the idea.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Brad Bechtel wrote:...the For Sale category isn't able to be broken down into a pedal and nonpedal steel guitar format...
"isn't able to be..."?? That seems quite odd in the digital age. Maybe it just means nothing more than "the boss don't wanna do that"? Surely he would be able to, if he wished...

Personally, I don't mind having them mixed in together. I kinda like knowing what's on offer in both categories.
Last edited by Jim Cohen on 24 Sep 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

yes, it's a 'huge' inconvenience to have to scroll down through the ads and have to think. even worse, if i'm looking for a dobro, i have to actually read the subject lines of the ads. i mean, c'mon...really...maybe we could submit a request to be hit over the head with a hammer when our desired item arrives.
Miles Unite

For Sale section

Post by Miles Unite »

Well,
Judging from the lack of comments I guess I am in the minority on this subject.Enough said. I'll keep my thoughts to myself until someone else brings it up again. Thanks for those that cared enough to comment.

Miles
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

chris ivey wrote:yes, it's a 'huge' inconvenience to have to scroll down through the ads and have to think. even worse, if i'm looking for a dobro, i have to actually read the subject lines of the ads. i mean, c'mon...really...maybe we could submit a request to be hit over the head with a hammer when our desired item arrives.
So why don't we put the other guitars, amps, etc into the one group? This kind of logic unthinks itself.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Jim Rossen

Post by Jim Rossen »

I also vote for a separate-
For Sale: Non Pedal Steel Guitars

Jim
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Personally I have no problem clicking on the "View past 24 hours" link from the main forum page and checking what's changed during the last day, nor do I have trouble telling the non-pedal from the pedal guitars in the For Sale: Steel Guitars section. What problem are you looking to solve by making this change?
You should post your comments in the Forum Feedback section, as this is forum software related.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Miles Unite

For Sale section

Post by Miles Unite »

For the same reason we have a "Steel Without Pedals" forum index.

MU
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

I'd refer you to the poll currently underway. At this point I'll close this topic rather than have duplicate topics discussing the same issue.
Please continue to make your feelings known in that topic.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars