Pedal Steel Bebop

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Anthony Minstein

Pedal Steel Bebop

Post by Anthony Minstein »

As we all know, the virtues of any instrument is self-expression.

I grew up with bebop...my school age friends were listening to The Beatles while I was digging Bird. Most of the material I've found is more devoted to "standard" uses of the guitar; E9, country, sacred, swing...but friends and neighbors, I recently purchased Mike Neer's Bebop for lap steel.

Getting Mike's view of alternate tunings alone is worth the price of the book...and I've been applying the tuning and concepts to my C6 PSG....using pedals instead of retuning to get the chord changes...any one interested in expanding their playing and thinking (especially playing the blues) need to get this book.

$14.95 for an investment that will rock your world...don't wait...go...now...

http://www.mikeneer.com/lapsteelin/2012 ... eel-ebook/

BTW...I do not know Mike, have no investment or stake in his enterprises...this is a public service announcement for the good of mankind and steelers everywhere.
Carter S10 Professional
JazzKat Solid State Amp
Christopher Woitach

Post by Christopher Woitach »

I have to agree - its a very useful take on playing the music on steel guitar. The biggest take away for me is what I would call horizontal single note playing (Mike calls it vertical) - really helps open up the neck. Absolutely worth the bread!
Christopher Woitach
cw@affmusic.com
www.affmusic.com
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Thanks so much guys.