Saluda S.C. STEEL SHOW

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Larry Danley

Saluda S.C. STEEL SHOW

Post by Larry Danley »

What a great group of fans of the steel guitar show in Saluda, I want to thank Jerry & David, and all who have a part in putting together this show, you guys do a fantastic job.

Thanks to the great back up band, you make it a joy to play, and the many wonderful steel players. Always a treat to see Ron Elliott, super player, great person to be around.

Again thank you all, for letting me be a part.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

I hated not being able to get there for this one. It's always great to see everyone and enjoy the great fellowship and music. Our band doing three shows in two days took a little of the wind out of my sails. Looking forward to November, though!
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

I sure enjoyed you folks from Florida, coming up and visiting us in Saluda. Who was the female pedal steel player? She was very good, and I didn't get much of chance to speak to you guys, but I sure hope you can make it back again soon. What a fine bunch of folks.
Carter D10 8/5, Hilton VP, BJS Bar, Sonic Research Strobe Tuner, Elite' Powered Speakers, Fender Telecaster, Traynor YCV40 Tube Amp
Riley Hart

Post by Riley Hart »

Wish to thank everyone for another great show! Very nice of Mr. Strickland to allow this unknown bass player to pick a few at the end, and regret Donna and I couldn't make the Saturday jam. All best wishes for health and happiness to Wayne Smith. We missed u! See everyone again in November! BTW, completely forgot to ask Kenny about that riff in 'fire on th mountain' that's giving me such a hard time...
Jerry Reece

Post by Jerry Reece »

Hello Everyone,

We had another great show. We would like to thank Ron and Leslie for being with us again. Great show Ron. Also thanks to the Shriners for there hard work and support for this event. We had some new faces and some we haven't seen in a while. Thanks to Larry Danley and Connie Burton from Florida.Great job. Hope to see you again. I met a new steel player from our Facebook page, Steve Garrison, hope to see you again. Thanks to Duane Regan and the wonderful singers he always bring (Becky,?). Thanks to Bill Plemmons, Bob Strum, David Christmas, Kenny Martin, John Swain, and Joe Turner. Thanks to our singers Wendell Gurley, Terry Rogers, Milton Mounce, Dave Drew. Thanks to the Staff and the Band they always come thru. Thanks to Riley Hart for sitting in on bass. Great Job. If I've left anyone out, someone please post there names. We missed you Roger and hope to see you in November. We hope that Wayne Smith Gets Well.
Thanks Again See You In November.
Jerry Reece
Joe Turner
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

Well Riley, let me know which part and i'll be happy to help you all i can.

I also want to thank Jerry, David and Joe for allowing me to trash up the place with my picken! I slowed down on this show with some ballads so i wouldn't be a blur with the speed picken! :lol: :P

I also want to say that over the years i have learned so much, stole some licks and made some some awesome friends. Its nerve racking but fun at the same time.

I want to especially thank Mr. Ron Elliott for becoming such an awesome friend to me and showing me a lick or two but more importantly, teaching me more about being a gentlemen in every respect.
I learned more from Ron this past show than how to play a lick. I learned that his heart is big, his respect for any player is high, his love of his his country has no equal and most of all that his love for "Steel Guitar and Real Country music" is his passion!
If we all put our heart in steel guitar as Ron Elliott does, we can only bring it back to the level it deserves!

Ron, love ya brother and seriously, thx for being who you are and someone i call one of my best friends!

All the best man......kenny
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Kenny Martin wrote:
I want to especially thank Mr. Ron Elliott for becoming such an awesome friend to me and showing me a lick or two but more importantly, teaching me more about being a gentlemen in every respect.
I learned more from Ron this past show than how to play a lick. I learned that his heart is big, his respect for any player is high, his love of his his country has no equal and most of all that his love for "Steel Guitar and Real Country music" is his passion!
If we all put our heart in steel guitar as Ron Elliott does, we can only bring it back to the level it deserves!

Ron, love ya brother and seriously, thx for being who you are and someone i call one of my best friends!

All the best man......kenny
Kenny, You have described a wonderful person, Mr Ron Elliot, he is one the top of my list of super people, also don't forget Miss Leslie, she is a true Sweetheart.

Ron, thanks for helping me get my MSA setup Saturday nite, could not have done it without you. You know how these old men are when they get flustered, and nothing goes right...Love you man

Howard, I think her name is Connie Burton, she did some pretty good speed pickin on a couple of songs Sat nite, didn't get to hear her Sunday, got there late.

Bill Ford
Bill Ford S12 CLR, S12 Lamar keyless, Misc amps&toys Sharp Covers
Steeling for Jesus now!!!
Riley Hart

Post by Riley Hart »

After listening to the tapes, I can only say that the bass was spot on the whole day. Kudos Mr. Strickland. You did a great job! Ur timing is right on...

And everyone else too.
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

I Second that on Bobs bass playing.....I'd rather hear him play guitar, but he sure does a good job on the bass, and right in the pocket....just a durn good musician all round. In fact he was telling me that he's got his first Pedal Steel Gig coming up in a few weeks. What a rounded out guy....
Last edited by Howard Smith on 21 Aug 2012 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carter D10 8/5, Hilton VP, BJS Bar, Sonic Research Strobe Tuner, Elite' Powered Speakers, Fender Telecaster, Traynor YCV40 Tube Amp
Ron Elliott

Thanks To All the Staff & Friends

Post by Ron Elliott »

My total thanks and appreciation to Jerry,David, and Joe
for the wonderful invitation and the kindness shown to Leslie and me at the show. We had a great time. All of you are Professionals at this trade. You make it so easy. We love the friends & Fans at this show. Thank you ALL again.
Leslie & Ron Elliott
Ron Elliott

Thank you Kenny Martin

Post by Ron Elliott »

Kenny, Thank you so much for the kind words and the opportunity to get to be with you and hear you play again...always a pleasure. You are a great player, and I enjoy it. Thank you for your friendship and your talent...I honor them both. Take care and I look forward to seeing you "down the road" Be safe!
Ron
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Always a great show at Saluda, and this was no exception! Ron Elliott and Leslie--now that's a oombo that can't be beat and the list goes on of great pickers and friends. Can't help but feel the love and admiration that is there.
Thanks to all the players that allowed me the honor of being on stage with you--I'm always thrilled!
We thank all the band members--Jerry, Jim Hartley, Johnny Thomas, Bob Strickland and others that I'm forgetting-sorry.
Jerry, David and Joe--Thanks for carrying on the tradition and honoring those who started this--your efforts are appreciated!
Jim Meiring

Saluda

Post by Jim Meiring »

Sorry to miss show. Ron is a treat to hear as is Joe and everyone else. Keep up the good work. See you soon.
Connie Burton

Post by Connie Burton »

Hi! Thanks for the great time, Seeing old friends and making new ones. I agree with what everyone said about Ron Elliot such a nice guy and a great player. I am looking forward to the next time. Thanks to everyone.