Gulfport MS Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Once again, It is killing me to see this great list of players and not be able to be there. I know it'll be a super show. I certainly enjoyed the hospitality and music last year.
Bill, I noted the capital ST in Stafford, was that an inadvertant slip, or a reminder of yesteryears?
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bill Stafford

Gulfport Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Ray, you will be missed more than you will know. No slip, just a good reminder of those good ST days we had in the good ole navy days.
Bill STafford
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

OK, Mr. Bill,
Time to post a list of confirmed players. Not a schedule, just a list, all in one place. hehe

Linda and I are so looking forward to being there again with a BUNCH of our great friends and we always look forward to making new friends.

Now you can sandwich my table in between Buck & Jr..
Heck, they eat most of our snacks anyway.

I will try and not talk too much before the show so that my MC voice will be READY
Bill Stafford

Gulfport Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

You are a slave driver Bill. lol And we all are glad you will be with us again this year. (Especially me).
Here is a partial list per your order:
Bill Ferguson, Hal Higgins, Leon Champion. Steve Sanford,Bobby Bowman, Jack Goodson, Jerry Jaye, Bily Carr, Rudy Osborne,, Jim Parker, Shorty Smith, R.J. Buras, Bert Couregge, Gordon Dodson. Scotty, Big Will Stewart, Buck Grantham, Shelton Welch, Royce Tarver, Arvis Moore, Joe Wright. Now, do not feel sorry for me trying to get this into a schedule fitting for our two days lol. And the list of supporting players, singers etc is just as long. Will list them later....
Last edited by Bill Stafford on 8 Oct 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Bill, I am still working on my work schedule in order to make your show. We sure want to be there. We had a grand time in Branson last week-end. Larry Baker and Jean DeVore
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Bill Stafford

g

Post by Bill Stafford »

Larry, sure hope you and Jean can be with us. Let me know soon as you can so I can make the room arrangements etc....Looking forward to St. Louis too.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

This just about tops it all out for us-PEE WEE WHITEWING has just confirmed. Hopefully, this is going to be our biggest to date. Thanks to all for this outstanding support. Now, I have to get to work on the players schedule. Hope to see a lot of you in St. Louis too.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Bump

Post by Ben ODell »

BUMP !!
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

Bill..please ck your private messages... :cry:
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

OK, Junior, I guess you mean the "other" Bill. hehe

Now, listen here, don't you even think of canceling!!
I will be upset if you do.

Love ya pal,
Bill Ferguson
Bill Stafford

Jr. Knight

Post by Bill Stafford »

Jr. sure saddened to hear this news. Thanks for the consideration. Best to you.
Bill Stafford
Last edited by Bill Stafford on 10 Aug 2012 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Sad to announce that Jr. Knight will not be on our program. As all schedules go, this one goes too. We will miss JR and all were looking forward to him being here for the first time. Maybe next time. Thanks again for this consideration, JR. Knight.
Bill Stafford
Corky Tittle

Lookin' forward to your show

Post by Corky Tittle »

Bill, can't wait for your show again this year. It seems every one you have is full of great talent, and there's always a surprise in store. Anything I can do to help ya out this year just let me know. Also I'm gonna fast for two days as the steaks etc. are second to none. Ain't but one way to describe yor events....."CLASS ACT" Cork
Bill Stafford

Gulfport Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Thanks, Corky. Without talent like yours and the friendship you bring, none of this would be possible. Only wish Herbie Wallace was still with us. Never will forget how much he praised your talent as a real professional drummer, and one of the very, very few who "...played in the 'pocket' " from the very first measure of a song. Great compliment from one of the very best. He is missed so much.
Still working on a major big surprise too.
Thanks Corky.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Bump

Post by Ben ODell »

TTT
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Home terf of two of the greats, the late Johnnie Hank Lee and Mr. Smooth, Bill Stafford! Gulf Coast area is saturated with fine steelmen. This show doesn't take a backseat to any others anywhere. Bill S. is the man!
Royce Tarver

Post by Royce Tarver »

Louisiana don't got nothing to compare. That's why I drive to Gulfport from Baton Rouge.
J PARKER

Post by J PARKER »

Royce and Ben i sure hope you can make it. Im looking forward to being there.
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Royce, my man. How's it going? Louisiana is also loaded with fine steelmen everywhere. This post couldn't hold all of the names. You and my buddies Danny Harrell, Hal Higgins, Buck Grantham are only a few of the many great pickers from LA. Like Ray Stevens said in a song one time. There everywhere, there everywhere! See ya buddy. Nov.2nd & 3rd will be the dates to be in Gulfport, for sure! Wow! I'd be happy just listening and watching some real pickers pick.
Ben ODell

Ttt

Post by Ben ODell »

Bump
Billy Henderson

Gulfport Show

Post by Billy Henderson »

I will definately be in the audience in the front row.
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

alright, the weather is cooling down and that reminds me that it's been too long since the deep south steel guitar annual stars of steel guitars showcase, hosted by the legendary bill stafford, in gulfport, mississippi, but the good news is it won't be too long now......and thats no bull! mooo...
get your travel plans together and make those room reservations' 'cause the show of shows is comin'!
the list of legends that you will meet here is priceless, so, don't snooze, ...you might looze...
and we ain't gonna let that happen....
if you don't like a lot of todays, as they say, new country music....you gonna love this show.....

country jack..........
Ben ODell

Ttt

Post by Ben ODell »

A Big Ole BUMP BILLY !!

Good to see you in Fulton. MAN !!! What a show lineup....CORKY?????
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Ben me and ole Johnny boy are looking forward to the Gulfport show. Good job well done at Fulton Ms show Bill. Its always our pleasure there to have you.
Billy Carr
Restricted

DSSGA Show 11-2 & 11-3-12

Post by Billy Carr »

Gulfport, MS. Nov. 2nd & 3rd is the place to be folks. Bill Stafford puts on one of the best shows in the country. Lots of steelmen/singers coming also. I'll have Ellis Olsen singing on one of my sets also. Ernest Tubb, Webb Pierce & Hank Sr. songs will be featured on our sets together. I'll see if I can maybe slip a little bit of some Mooney licks in, might even find a couple of The Drifting Cowboys sounds(Don Helms) and there might something called Hugheyland, it could get a lick or two pulled out the HL bag and you just never know what these little 112 amps have coming out of the speakers at times! Lots of brotherhood visiting and great music both days at the VFW. Thanks to all you guys that attend/support our steel shows around the USA! United, we'll always stand! God bless!