Tascam BB1000 Portable Recorder

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Jan Dunn

Tascam BB1000 Portable Recorder

Post by Jan Dunn »

Up for sale is a hardly used BB1000 digital recorder. This is a little known unit that got over shadowed by the trend toward down-sized portable recorders. It's not tiny by any means weighing in at about 6 pounds and is about 8x12x3 inches. So why bother?

It has a built in 10 watt amplifier and stereo speakers (yes I play my Carter through it) and can be A MINI PA with the free new firmware update. It records SD card and plays from either SD or CD. It burns CD from SD cards directly. Got a built in metronome and chromatic tuner. It loops sections you specify. Has a slew of inputs including 2 external microphone inputs and RCA in and out (these inputs will give you an easy way to convert old tapes to digital). Turn off the speakers and use the built in headphone jack. Has a front and rear built in microphone. Runs on batteries or AC. But the REALLY nice feature is complete speed and pitch control. No more tuning your guitar to the tuning note on your instructional material. Tune the recording to your guitar. Slow it down or speed it up. Change keys. Loop particular sections and slow them down. Cancel the center (say, a vocal or lead guitar) channel though no recorder does this perfectly. Best of all to me, it uses real knobs, not digital controls. Gives that old school feel.

Record your guitar while a track is playing without screwing up the original track-it records both to a separate track on the SD card.

Bottom line is it's very versatile and meets the needs of a player trying to learn from recorded material or wanting to study already recorded material. And if you can stand to hear yourself play, you might improve your technique.

Sells new for $399.00. It's maybe a year old and never left my house. I'll sell it for $200.00 plus 20.00 shipping (I figure about 20 bucks-if it's more, I'll eat it, if it's less, I'll reimburse you).

Everyone likes pictures but whatever I take won't look very professional. See http://tascam.com/product/bb-1000cd/ and I promise it is in as good shape as those pictures.

Will leave the SD card in it for the buyers convenience though I'll reformat it so no one's ears bleed from my playing.

For another $25.00 bucks, I throw in a small Bheringer mixer and cable so you can run your guitar directly into the recorder (plug the guitar into the mixer and connect the mixer to the RCA input). You could also run you amp's out to the recorder RCA input with a simple cable. I've done that too.

It's really kind of neat and I found it fun to use. Except for built in effects, it might even pretend it's a microcube away from the house (though I never took it outside).[/url]
Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner »

I will take it if still available
Mike Werner

tascam

Post by Mike Werner »

email sent
Jan Dunn

Please close

Post by Jan Dunn »

After seeing what else is on the market, they seem so flimsy and look like they'll break if you look at them too hard.. Going to keep this one. It just has build quality I don't see anywhere else.
Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner »

You owe Bob a donation. Next time be prepared to do what you would expect other people to do to you or don't bother with sgn just sell your stuff on ebay
Jan Dunn

Let's be honest here

Post by Jan Dunn »

1. You in fact NEVER sent the e-mail you said you sent to confirm a sale. I never received it and in fact I e-mailed you without getting a response.
2. I've donated to Bob in the past without selling anything, just to thank him for doing a great service to the PSG community. I don't need you to tell me when it's appropriate to make a donation.
3. Things change and although I didn't owe anyone an explanation for why I decide not to sell this item, I did give a valid rationale. Sorry it wasn't good enough for you.
4. I am hardly the first person to have a change of heart about selling an item. Where is the obligation to sell something when the supposed buyer never responded to my e-mailed questions about whether you wanted the mixer too and how you would pay for the item. Again no response from you. No promise of payment. No response to questions. In light of this, my obligation to you is exactly zero, in my humble opinion.
5. Your message smacks of an attitude that is probably not your best quality. I suspect dealing with you should I have gone through with the sale would have been unpleasant at best. Hopefully I'm reading this wrong and you're a nice guy, loved by everyone who's ever met you. Perhaps I'm paranoid. In that case, my sincere apologies.
6. What the heck is "sgn"? Perhaps you mean SGF. I've bought and sold things on SGF (Steel Guitar Forum) and have had good experiences. I hope to continue to do so as the need arises. However, it certainly won't include you.
7. Your degree in contract law seems somewhat inadequete.
8. Assuming you have e-mail, why didn't you just write to me to complain and express your, I'll call it disappointment, though it sounds strangely like anger? I assume you goal is to somehow condemn me to the court of SGF public opinion. Maybe it worked, and maybe it didn't. Perhaps you're just the SGF sales watch person and feel obligated to inform the members of blatant violation of an unwritten rule. I guess that's a good thing though I really don't feel I've broken any rule. Certainly, I wasn't being fraudulent. If I did break some rule, my apologies to the members. I had no intention of offending anyone or behaving badly.

Ok, bob please close this thread whenever you'd like as it's just bound to get nasty and everyone will chime in with an opinion. No one needs the additional aggravation (and as always, thank you for all your hard work).
Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner »

Over and out