Scantic River Lap Steels

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Chris Bauer

Scantic River Lap Steels

Post by Chris Bauer »

Holy Moly! I had never heard of Scantic River guitars before and I just played a couple of their lap steels through a Little Walter amp. It's time for me to start buying lottery tickets again...

I've played any number of lap steels that I loved - and love the few I own - but these were something else altogether. Amazing sustain and custom Jason Loller pickups that sound incredible. They use a blend knob rather than a pickup selector switch so the range of sounds is both greater and much more in the player's control than a selector switch allows.

These are amazing guitars from everything I could see and hear. Put me down as wildly impressed.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

scantic river reviews:

1. chris bauer....wildly impressed

HowardR

Post by HowardR »

:lol:

Here's the link........they look pretty nice.....

http://www.scanticriverguitars.com/index.html
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Seems to be unanimous so far..
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

Hoo Boy! in trouble now! They look really good. Very much "dobro" quality in the clip I saw. Seems like a very cool feel about it,yes Chris?

km
Rob Anderlik

Post by Rob Anderlik »

Count me in as one who is jonesing to demo one of these guitars. It's been awhile since I looked at their website, but I seem to recall that their lap steels had a long scale (25 1/4"). My thought is that the longer scale would make for snappier pull-offs and make them better suited for more dobrolic techniques.

If anyone owns one of these in the Chicago area I'd love to try it sometime!
Thomas Ford

Post by Thomas Ford »

Hi Chris, Thanks for stopping by our booth at the Namm show. We had a great response and our new semi hollowbody was a big hit. Our standard scale length is 25in. but we also have made 23 and 24 for customers who wanted them. We are now on tour with Jo Dee Messina and Little Big Town and are endorsed by Soundcheck of Nashville.We have a lot of Dobro players playing our steels because of the setup. Thanks for the compliments!! Tom
Rick Langdon

Post by Rick Langdon »

Very nice! Looks like these might need to be on my short list of future upgrades (I got a ways to go before I can "qualify" for something this nice) ... I really like the look and configuration of these instruments) ... thanks for the info and link
-- Rick

Featured demo (played on Appalachian Reso): https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon/als-workshop

-- Play on!!
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

1. wildly impressed

2. seems like a very cool feel

3. very nice
Dennis Smith

Post by Dennis Smith »

Price?