Dub Chandler

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Les Pierce

Dub Chandler

Post by Les Pierce »

Just like to note the passing of John "Dub" Chandler. Dub played the Portland, Oregon area, as well as Nevada, etc, (the usual road circuit) back in the 1960's. He was a good musician and man, and was loved by everyone who knew him. Dub played bass, drums, and guitar and sang a good country song. He went to barber school in Salem, OR, and then moved back home to DeQueen, AR, close to where he was from, sometime in the 80s. Dub and I played a number of the Collinfest/Collinator get togethers in DeQueen, and I felt privileged to be asked to do so. Dub was the uncle of musicians Collin Raye and Scotty Wray (Miranda Lambert's band). He had a great sense of humor and will be missed.

http://www.chandlerfuneral.com/fh/obitu ... h_id=10170
Tele, Strat
Dekley S-10
Sierra Olympic D-10
Neil Rogerson

Dub was a fun guy

Post by Neil Rogerson »

Tho I did not get the opportunity to work with Dub...he did sit in on many of the late night jam sessions here in Portland.....good singer and fun to be around.......we're praying for his family....God Bless!!
Kurt Nichols

Post by Kurt Nichols »

Sorry to hear about Dub's passing. I worked with him many times in the Portland area back in the late 60's and early 70's. Dub was fun to work with and I loved his music style and his sense of humor. My condolences to the family and especially to sister, Lois Wray. Rest in peace dear friend.

Kurt
Dan Sliter

Post by Dan Sliter »

I got to play with him a couple of years ago here in Arkansas. Dub was also a barber here in mt home town for a while. He was a super person and i will miss him. RIP my Friend.