pickup for weissenborn copies

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

John D

pickup for weissenborn copies

Post by John D »

Just bought a superior copy, great item. Anyone used a McIntyre or another kind to amplify
Andy Volk

Post by Andy Volk »

I'm getting good sound out of my Bear Creek using a Fishman Rare Earth single coil. I decided to put up with the hum rahter than spend another $100+ for the humbucking version.
Gordon Black

Post by Gordon Black »

John- David Lindley uses Sunrise pickups in his Weissenborns. Mr.Dave is THE MAN!
peter joseph burtt

Post by peter joseph burtt »

I have a sunrise in my superior and have two complaints. It is so big and heavy that it seems to reduce projection. Also, the spacing of the sensors does not match the string spacing very well so my low gauges are a bit under amplified. Went to Brozman's lap steel workshop yesterday and he suggested the Fishman "Whole Earth." He loved the guitar by the way. Thought they were the best weissenborn copy available for the price. I was pretty taken by his collection of Bear Creeks. It's a different world.
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

I just received a Superior "Weissenborn" and installed the Sunrise.The polepieces are off,but if you angle it a little (the opposite of a strat lead pick up angle)you get the bass side more or less aligned with the pole pieces and the top two strings off which is good because they are usually too loud anyway!
Hope this helps somebody.

------------------
Olli Haavisto
Polar steeler
Finland