Jackie Harmon - Wow!

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Donna Dodd

Jackie Harmon - Wow!

Post by Donna Dodd »

What a terrific voice Jackie has!! I absolutely loved hearing him sing in the Mullen Room!!!!
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I will second that. He plays, sings and runs sound as well. Jackie has been a well kept secret for years.
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Jackie is a great talent and I really enjoy listening to him, both on bass and vocals.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
George Duncan Sypert

Jackie Harmon

Post by George Duncan Sypert »

Jackie is a singer's singer as well as being a great bass player. Above average on steel as well. Wish we lived closer together...neither of us would get any rest.
George
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

. . . loved hearing him
sing in the Mullen Room!!!!
He was terrific on the
mainstage as well.
~Russ
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Jackie and I try to get togeyher and jam at the steel shows. I really enjoy working with him,
Chris Caruso

Post by Chris Caruso »

Great singer and bass player! Saw him sing Together Again years back with Tom at the convention.
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

Jackie is a singer's singer, and a picker's picker! AND!!! A SWELL GUY! Lonnie Portwood
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

I have never met Mr.Harmon but I saw him play and heard him sing at the 2012 Dallas show and was very awed by his playing and singing.

He's the kind of bass man any steel player would love to be on stage with!!
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

Jackie H. is a great friend & a Great Great musician & singer. Jackie I hope to see you at the route 66 show in Baxter springs Ks. the 5th & 6th &7th of Oct. if Not I will see you in Dallas in March 2013. take Care & God Bless. your picking friend Jerry F.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

It has been a year since this topic was started. I want to comment again about Jackie Harmon. I have on a few occasions had the opportunity to jam with him. He makes it more exciting and his singing is just awesome. Throw in the bass playing and you have one talented man. I played a spot at the Texas show in 2012 on Thursday evening and Jackie played bass and sang. I also played a spot for the ETSGA in Tyler,Texas and Jackie drove about three hours to get there, played bass and sang then left. He would not take one dime for gas. As much as a talented man that he is, he is just the same as an individual. You ever get the opportunity to play music with him do not pass it up, it would sure be your loss.