National Triple Hawaiian for Sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Joseph Kincher

National Triple Hawaiian for Sale

Post by Joseph Kincher »

I have a Triple-Neck Hawaiian console steel from National for sale. Based on the serial no. (T67169), I believe it to be from 1960, just before National quit making them. It is a beautiful instrument and sounds great, but I've been devoting my time to pedal steel, so it doesn't see much action, and I could use the $ to upgrade to a gig-worthy amp.

The guitar is laquered black, matching the cover plates at the headstocks & pickups, alternating with an off-white color to match the knobs & tuning pegs (actual off-white color is best represented in the photo showing the exposed pickup on the C6 neck).
As you can see from the pics, there is some slight paint-flaking/chipping in the off-white areas in a couple of spots, but overall, it is in very good cosmetic shape, especially for a 50+ yr old guitar. The strings have been completely changed within the last year, and the necks are in standard tunings, A6th/E13th/C6th, from front neck to back.

I would like to sell this locally-- I live in Portland-- and avoid shipping, in part because I do not have the OHSC and would hate to risk cracking the cover plates or otherwise damaging this beast. I am including a keyboard hard/soft case which accomodates the guitar for safe and easy transport, but I don't think I'd entrust it to a heavy touring/gigging situation. But let's face it: this is the type of instrument that needs a good loving home in a den or studio.

The guitar jack input is of the old screw-on "center pin" variety, and included is the original center pin-to-1/4" cable (about 7 ft.), and a longer, barely-used center pin-to-1/4" cable (20 ft.) made-to-order from Oak Tree Vintage.

Asking $1000, will entertain reasonable and serious local offers. Thanks for looking!

Joe

Joseph Kincher

Post by Joseph Kincher »

sold pending payment...