Please Close

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Orlando Colom

Please Close

Post by Orlando Colom »

Please close
Last edited by Orlando Colom on 16 Jun 2012 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stan Scantling

Grammer guitar

Post by Stan Scantling »

Man i used to watch Porter wagner ,Wilburn bros,all those cats played these guitars. Truly a collecters guitar.
Emmons D10 ,fender twin
Orlando Colom

Post by Orlando Colom »

Stan
I remember seeing them play the Grammer's on the tube back then. These guitars are built like few guitars are, and they sound incredible.
Jon A. Ross

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Nice. Most I have seen are curly maple. I saw Tanya Rae slam the hell outta one all night long, playing rhythm behind Jr Brown one time.
Todd Higgins

Post by Todd Higgins »

Grammers can have laminated back and sides. I bought a rosewood G10 last year locally that just happened to pop up and I initially thought it was solid. I couldn't find any hard and fast info on the internet about what Grammer used. I made a phone call to Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island and the very nice gentleman on the phone said that the book he had stated that G10s were solid brazilian rosewood. After posting my questions and pictures on the UMGF, the Martin guitar forum, the consensus was it was probably laminated. The big clue was the absence of the center reinforcing strip on the inside of the back. There are ladder braces on the back, but no strip down the middle. My grain matched up, inside and out. I could find unique patterns on the outside and find it's correpsonding spot on the inside. My guitar has a poorly repaired headstock break. And someone had removed the end pin and moved it up about 1/2 of an inch. So there was a lonely empty hole in the end block. Finally, after a little deliberation, and mostly since it's already got a broken headstock, I took a dremel and enlarged the end pin hole to where it reached in on the rosewood side. it's laminated. At the time I bought it, Gruhn had two, one advertised as solid and the other advertised as laminated. Obviously they made them both ways. I tried many times to find info about it on the 'net, but couldn't come up with anything. I emailed the guy that runs a Grammer site and he said that they were made with all the finest materials etc... ButI think he's just a fan/collector and doesn't have any inside info about their construction. It's a bummer, but this is what I have.......

Orlando Colom

Post by Orlando Colom »

This one is all solid, as verified by GG, and the few others that have seen it thru the years. Its a great playing and sounding guitar.
Robert Mayo

Post by Robert Mayo »

Love 'em had over 50 at one time see my logo ....Knew Billy ,Ruth and brothers as well. Great looking guitar.
Orlando Colom

Post by Orlando Colom »

Wow! You do know your Grammer's. Ive had a few over the years. All of then were really nice, but this one is gorgeous and sounds as good as it looks.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I have a Blonde RG&G model. The RG&G's were the original company models.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit