Lost my Dad....

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

David Wright

Lost my Dad....

Post by David Wright »

At 5:pm, June 8 2012, in Helena Mt, Dad lost his fight, he's now with our Lord...

Dad, Will miss you so much, have me a new steel designed when I see you again...

Thank all of you who sent Prayers, God must have needed a great Steel Builder up there...... Luv Ya Dad.......
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

David, so sorry for your loss.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Sorry to hear you lost your beloved Dad. David you have mine and Barbara's sincere condolences. Our Lord did need a "special" steel builder.
We love you,
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
David Graves

Post by David Graves »

David, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family in this tough time. I wish you all peace and comfort.
St. Blues 1984 "Holy Grail"
Take the time to introduce someone young to music... and play a few songs with someone old.
Bobby Bowman

Dads

Post by Bobby Bowman »

Big D,
Dads a very special,,,especially when they have left us.
Keep him alive in your mind and heart and he will still talk with you, help you make decissions, and guide you where you need to go.
Many years ago your dad and I were pretty close friends as we worked together some back then.
My heart and prayers go out to you and the family for God to give Peace, bring comfort and understanding.
Your friend,
BB
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!
http://www.bobbybowman.com
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Most of us just pass our time here- your Dad left a positive mark for all of us to enjoy- you should be very proud to have had him, amigo~~ so sorry for your loss~
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

David
So sorry to hear about Chuck's passing. I really enjoyed meeting him and hanging out with both of y'all when I was in Sacramento back in 2003.

At that time (Oct 2003), my father-in-law had just passed away a week previously. I was grief-stricken and didn't want to go to CA, but my family insisted it would be good for me so I went, and saw you and met your dad. I was very glad I did.

Hang in there my friend. Your buddies are with you here, in spirit.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

David I'm so sad for you brother. I recall when my Daddy died, its a hard time.
The Lord answers all prayers, we may not like some of his answers but its all part of his master plan and his will.
I pray our Lord will bless you David and give you and your family comfort in your time of need, in Jesus name, amen.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

David, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in 2004 and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.
Joe Rogers

Post by Joe Rogers »

David, so sorry to hear the news. From all I have read on the forum through the years, I really wish I could have met him.

Peace brother.....

Joe Rogers
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Sorry to hear about your loss, The good lord was ready for him or he would still be here with us. I lost my boy the last of March and I know its hard to loose one. Our prayers are with you and your family. Ron
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

David, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are for you and your family.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

David, We join the many others here on the forum to offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your father. I know you will miss him, but He is in a great loving place now with no pain. We love you brother David. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
jay thompson

Lost my Dad....

Post by jay thompson »

David,
Please know our thoughts are with you at this time.
Regards, Jay Thompson
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I know too well the pain involved in the loss of a parent. David, be assured you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of many here on this forum as well as outside of this site. May God comfort you and give you strength now and in the days ahead.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

David, my condolences to you and your family.
Jim
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

A prayer for you and your family. So sorry.
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

David, please accept my condolences. I hope that knowing how respected he was and how much of an impact he had on our community, gives you some comfort during this painful time.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

David, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Father. God bless you! Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

David,,,please know that my heart and my prayers go out to you and your family,,,so sorry for this loss!!
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

Please accept my deepest condolences David and my sincere thanks for your help in arranging for me to meet Chuck last year. Your Dad was a great person and a genius who made huge contributions to this instrument so many of us love. He'll always live in my heart through the inspiration I've drawn from him.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

David.....words are never adequate enough for times like this.....my condolences to you....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Dennis Wireman

david

Post by Dennis Wireman »

my condolences my friend may God comfort you and yours. keep the faith and you will be meeting with him again in alot better place .
Ross Shafer

Post by Ross Shafer »

oops double post
Last edited by Ross Shafer on 9 Jun 2012 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Chuck Wright was a giant in the steel guitar world, His designs and guitars were among the best.

David, I was fortunate enough to get to get to hang out with your Dad when he was out in Gresham Oregon. He seemed almost like a mythical figure at the time.

It wasn't until I began to work at Sierra (just after Don Christensen bought it) that I was able to truly appreciate Chuck's mechanical genius. He definitely needs to be inducted into the SGHOF, if he's not already a member..............He will be missed.

David, my thoughts are with you.