David Hartley and Justice Steel Guitars.....Announcement....

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Hartley

David Hartley and Justice Steel Guitars.....Announcement....

Post by David Hartley »

Hi all. 

Just letting you all know, I have a Justice steel guitar being built by Fred.
I will show you all some pictures soon. It's in build at the moment.
I have had a great association with Rains,  and still own the red pewter guitar which I will always keep. But, life moves on, as they say, and I have decided to join Fred's camp and am so looking forward to playing the new Justice SD10. I have known Fred since 2006. I met him when I visited Dallas TSGA Jamboree for the first time.  We both have never forgot the playing we done together that year, and now, of course, he is building fine guitars, (which I have been looking at closely for a while now). We made contact a few days ago, and the rest, as above, is the future! 

See you all at the TSGA Dallas 2013.
Jerry Foster

Justice steel guitars

Post by Jerry Foster »

WOW, Cong-rat's David H. on your new Justice SD-10, I know we admire your playing ability, it is great to have you on the Justice team. I can,t wait to see it and hear you on it.take care & God Bless. Jerry & Dee F.
Carl Williams

Fred--You Have To Be Proud! :) Weldon & David!

Post by Carl Williams »

David,
Congrats on your joining the legal team of "Justice Steel Guitars"! ;-) I had the opportunity to sit behind a brand new Justice this past weekend at the Oklahoma Steel Show and what a superbly built steel. Fred did mention "someone" was about to come onboard but he didn't steal your thunder nor did I ask? :oops: I could tell Fred was very proud and excited and rightfully so now that you've revealed it's you David. I told Fred that when I get serious about my second brand new steel since '74, Justice will be at the top for consideration for sure. Can't wait to see your new Justice David. Carl
Fred Justice

Welcome Aboard David

Post by Fred Justice »

David welcome to the Justice family buddy.
I been waiting and hoping this day would come, and now its here. :D :D
I'm certainly looking forward to enjoying many years ahead with our rekindled relationship.

Many people have called and emailed me with congratulation and well wishes, and I'm sure Proud to have you in our camp brother. Welcome. :D :D

I too have very fond memories of that weekend in 2006 in Dallas when you and I spent so much time together picking and just getting to know one another there in the the demo booth.
I am very excited and can hardly wait to see you behind your new Justice guitar in Dallas, March 2013. WOW.......
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Congrats to both of you. Fred, you was great in Oklahoma, and David, I really enjoy your You tubes. Good luck to both of You. You toooo Jerry F. Larry Baker
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Marlin Gengenbach

Justice Guitar

Post by Marlin Gengenbach »

Sounds like a great partnership has been formed...congratulations to two super people.
Marlin
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Way cool...!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

David, you're getting one of the best steel guitars made today. Fred, you're getting one of the best known international steel players to play your steel guitars. Win, Win situation. Glad for both of you. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Arlene Seydel

Post by Arlene Seydel »

Congratulations on buying a wonderful guitar. You're gonna love it as we all do playing a Justice.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Be sure to let us know when you post your first videos of you playing the Justice guitar. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in the tone. Is it the hands or the guitar? Will David still sound like David? ;-)
richard burton

Post by richard burton »

Here's David playing a BenRom:

http://benrom.com/

Sounds like Dave to me :D
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Does this mean there will be no more Hartley Model guitars made by Rains?
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Hey David, I have never tried a Justice guitar but I understand they play really well. How would the Justice compare to the Rains as far as playing and sound? I have played a couple of Rains and they played great and sounded really well to my ears. I have heard the Justice guitars in the lobby at the Texas show and they sounded really good. I have considered buying another guitar and was looking heavy at the Rains guitars.
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

I had the pleasure of listening to Mr.Jerry Foster yesterday at the Mid-Mo. Show playing his Justice Pro-Lite,that is one kick azz tone to da bone guitar.

Now I'll be saving pennies,selling kidneys & such to buy one.

Anybody got a extra kidney they want give to the cause,hmmmmm?
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

that ben rom sounds really throaty and cool..different than the rains..more tone.

i imagine the justice will sound great also if weldon liked his. fred's guitars are getting some good press!

i heard rains is making a new model called 'the defector'. (ha ha.. just a little joke there..don't take me to court for a little 'rough justice').
Tommy Wallace

Post by Tommy Wallace »

Hey David, sent you an email. Thanks
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Hi David, As a fellow Brit I was on the point of ordering a rains hartley - on second thoughts I'll wait and see justice done!! :roll:
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
David Hartley

Fred has started building my steel.....

Post by David Hartley »

Here is a picture of the body / color choice.....

:D

Peter Nylund

Post by Peter Nylund »

No pickup on the back neck? :\
I know my playing is a bit pitchy, but at least my tone sucks
Gary Lee Gimble

Post by Gary Lee Gimble »

No pickup on the back neck?
New age designed accommodating a sportsman flask, wedge of lime and cocktail naps...Peter, what else could you, would I, possibly need? :D
Jos Roderkerken

Post by Jos Roderkerken »

pfft no pencil sharpner? :( ;)

Going to be a beauty!! im following the posters above me.. One of the most gifted players playing on one of your guitars, must me an awsome feeling..
Why are you playing an ironingboard??

rriigghhtt
Joe Naylor

one up on all of you guys

Post by Joe Naylor »

I have actually seen it - well the parts that have your name on them :D

I was in Fred's shop last week and saw what was going on over there. Funny story - Some think we live close - Fred lives in the East part of the valley of the Sun and I live on the West side. I learned that 9 months a year we call the Phoenix area the valley of the sun and 3 months a year we call it the Surface of the sun.

Any way a guy came up to me at the Dallas show and said I hear you and Fred are neighbors in Phoenix. I stopped just for a second and said, "Yep - I can get in my pick-up at my house and in a little over an hour I can be at Fred's front door (if the traffic is good) 1 1/2 to 2 if not"

Just wanted to not hi-jack but list a funny.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Sorry about that Joe,I only live 10 mins. from him. :lol:
Ray
Steeling is still legal in Arizona
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Which means you are 10 minutes farther east.

:D

Joe
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
David Hartley

Another Build Picture

Post by David Hartley »

Legs, pick-up, end plates, changer and fret board added...

:)