NEW!! 25 MORE Songs for Lap Steel Guitar, C6 - Book & CD

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Doug Beaumier

NEW!! 25 MORE Songs for Lap Steel Guitar, C6 - Book & CD

Post by Doug Beaumier »

<b>25 <i>MORE</i> SONGS FOR LAP STEEL GUITAR</b> C6 tuning, 6 string.

This is a follow-up to my earlier book, 25 Songs for Lap Steel Guitar. Many thanks to those who purchased the first book. You asked for more... so here are 25 More!

* 117 page book w/spiral binding
* large, easy to read tablature with notation
* 2 CDs, the steel melodies and the play-along tracks

C6 Tuning

1. E
2. C
3. A
4. G
5. E
6. C

AUDIO CLIPS

Click on the links below!

Ghost Riders in the Sky
It’s Now or Never
Tear Drop
Apache
To You Sweetheart, Aloha

$49.95 plus shipping

ORDER HERE ----> http://playsteelguitar.com/book2-25-more-songs-2/
Last edited by Doug Beaumier on 26 Nov 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl Fehrenbach

Post by Karl Fehrenbach »

Doug, I just sent in my order using the link. I am really looking forward to receiving this new book. I guess I know what is going to keep me busy this summer! Many thanks for all of your contributions to the world of steel guitar.
John Limbach

Post by John Limbach »

Karl Fehrenbach wrote:Doug, I just sent in my order using the link. I am really looking forward to receiving this new book. I guess I know what is going to keep me busy this summer! Many thanks for all of your contributions to the world of steel guitar.
Amen, and a big ditto from me, too.

Love the first book.

Which guitar and amp did you use for the melody tracks that accompany the first book?

Look forward to receiving the new one.

Thanks,

John
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks Karl and John, much appreciated. I'll ship your orders tomorrow morning, Saturday. My weekend is crazy... students all day Saturday, from 10:00 to 5:00, and then I have a night gig an hour away. Sunday I have a gig an hour in the other direction. Fortunately my local post office has one of those automatic mailing machines that's open 24 hrs a day, so I often ship orders at 2:00am! It's very handy for nighthawks like me. 8)

John, as far as the gear I used to record the songs... a '56 Fender Stringmaster, short scale, but I only use 6 of the strings for these lap steel books. No amp... I patch the guitar into a Sarno black box, then into a Goodrich volume pedal, and a Holy Grail reverb, and into the computer. Sometimes I also use a Boss delay (DD-6) for slow stuff. Thanks again.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Note: Shipping costs to countries Outside of the USA and Canada have increased in the past few months, so I had to raise the shipping price to $15 for international orders.
Thomas Temple

WhaHoo

Post by Thomas Temple »

Doug,

It's Christmas!! Order sent, can now hardly wait for it to arrive. Really looking forward to it and I know from your first book every bit worth the price (probably more but I don't want you to get to big a head LOL).

Tom
Last edited by Thomas Temple on 11 May 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks Tom and others who have ordered the new book!
Kay Das

Post by Kay Das »

Doug,

In appreciation of the amount of work you must've put in this work, a benefit to all steel guitarists and the result of which will hopefully increase our number...

Good luck, and keep the music going!

Kay
Kay Das

Post by Kay Das »

Doug,

In appreciation of the amount of work you must've put in this work, a benefit to all steel guitarists and the result of which will hopefully increase our number...

Good luck, and keep the music going!

Kay
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Hi Doug,
I echo what Kay mentioned. I know that it takes a lot of work to put this book together. Thanks for promoting the steel guitar.
Chuck
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Hey Doug:

I just ordered your new C6 method book. I have one of my Peavey Power Slides set up with C6 to get a head start waiting on the D-12 MSA Super Slide. The Guyatone
front neck is set up with the 8 string C6 and I am having a great time playing non pedal steel.

Looking forward to getting up to North Hampton for some lessons.

Regards,

Lenny
Roy McKinney

Post by Roy McKinney »

Is it just me and my computer or can you open the video clips?
Last edited by Roy McKinney on 14 May 2012 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Brunt

Post by Bill Brunt »

Doug,
just ordered mine, and have to say - if I learn half of the songs, it will have been worth twice the price.

As an aside, I listened to your you tube version of Ghost Riders in the Sky all the way through for the first time the other day (never really liked that song), but needed a Beaumier fix, and good googly woogly, when it got to 1:14, I was grinnin' like a straight-up fool.

Joe Wright comes to mind... I meant that in a good way:)
James Nottage

Thanks so much.

Post by James Nottage »

I've been looking forward to this. Thanks much for your hard work.

James
Clinesmith S-8; Pettingill P6; Rick-Style Vintage 47 Amp
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks guys for the kind replies. And thanks to those who have ordered the new book/CD. I shipped a few on Saturday morning and I'll be shipping a batch of them on Monday morning. I normally ship orders within 24 hours, but this weekend I have gigs and lessons all weekend and I have a pile of orders to fill (thankfully!) so it will take me a couple of days to catch up. Thanks again to all who have ordered the new book. I am humbled by your overwhelming response. :)
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Hey Doug:

What gauges of stings do you use on the C6th six string tuning?

Thanks,

Lenny
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Len. Here's what I use:

E .014
C .017
A .020 plain
G .024 wound
E .030
C .036
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Good deal Lucille !... :mrgreen:
my buddy Eddie J from Angers he's got 400 lbs of hungry & been waitin' on yer new course
Glad to see just how much you've helped him along Doug
you be winnin' blessings ! ;-)
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks CrowBear, Thanks to all who have ordered the new book. I'm shipping orders every day, still playing catch-up from a busy weekend!
Thomas Temple

In your spare time

Post by Thomas Temple »

Doug,

Still awaiting the arrival of your second book, have faith that it will arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile I have watched your videos on you tube and find that it seems to help to see how you play the various songs, especially Ghost Riders. Just wondering if you could post a video for Apache as that has some very different sound effects in it. Know that you are a busy man and this would take some of your valuable time but I am sure that it would be much appreciated by many including me.

Thanks
Tom
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

James, your book may arrive tomorrow, definitely the next day. I have a lot of orders to fill and I'm sending out a batch every day. As far as Apache, the best way to play that song is with a flatpick, to play the fast tremolo picking part. Or you could leave that part out and just play the melody. I suggest listening to all of the songs, go through the book and start with songs that have few, or no bar slants, slower songs, and work up to the more advanced tunes. This book is longer than the first one, more solos, etc.
Len Amaral

Post by Len Amaral »

Hey Doug:

Thanks for the string guages on the six string lap C6. Looking forward to receiving the c6 course.

Lenny
Thomas Temple

Fattening

Post by Thomas Temple »

Doug,

Got your second book today in the mail and as sweet as your first book was/is the 2nd is sort of like a slice of pie and then having it a la mode. I am tickled and want to say thank you for your labors for those of us who are not as gifted as others.

Tom
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks Tom, I'm glad you like it! Yes, there's more "meat and potatoes" in this book. Enough to satisfy for a long time... bon appetit!
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

All orders have been shipped as of Friday afternoon... thanks again to all who have purchased the new book!