New Guitar Day!! (Dobro content)

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jon Lund

New Guitar Day!! (Dobro content)

Post by Jon Lund »

got bit by the bug a couple of weeks ago and bought a Recording King RG 31 lap steel. so I was still gassing and decided to put a couple of the electrics (Strat and Tele)on CL. sold off one of the Strats today (still got three,Custom Thinline Tele is still for sale) and bought a Recording King RR60-VS. looked at GC,and a couple of pawn shops. they had a nice Fender A/E roundneck at one of the pawn shops,I had a Hohner A/E roundneck a couple of years ago,but just never bonded with it. the RR60 was brand new and it was $5 cheaper than the used Fender. so far I'm really liking the sound,feel,quality of the RK. only one crappy phone pic of it sitting in it's case.
Thomas Temple

Congrats

Post by Thomas Temple »

Jon,

Congrats on your purchase(s). I know what it is like to get bitten by the bug fortunately new guitar itis is a "decease" that is easy to live with.

Tom
Jon Lund

Post by Jon Lund »

forgot to mention that I bought this at the same Mom & Pop store that I bought the RK lap steel from. this thing almost hurts my ears when I'm playing (well in my case,attemtping to play)it,it's so loud.

here's the spec's on it:
Body: Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Neck Joint: 12th Fret
Fretboard: Ebony
Cone Material: Hand-Spun Aluminum
Cone: Continental
Coverplate: 2 Rounded Soundhole Screens
Headstock: Recording King Crown and Block
Tailpiece: Bell Brass
Bridge: Spider
Position Markers: M.O.P. Dot
Tuners: Grover
Nut: Bone
Saddle: Ebony & Maple
Lifetime Warranty

an experienced dobro player at work told me some of the things to look for when purchasing: hand spun cone,ebony saddles,bone nut and good tuners. this seems to fit that criteria. what do you guys think of it as an entry level reso/dobro?

some more pics.a photographer,I'm not