Re: Memorial Service for Doug Aman

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Harvey Lamb

Post by Harvey Lamb »

Good Day Folks,

This post is to inform members of the forum, and all the members who live in Western Canada and around the Calgary area who knew Doug that there will be a Memorial Service for Doug at the Pattison Funeral Home ( 540 South Ralway Street ) in Medicine Hat Alberta on Saturday the 14th. off April 2012.

There will be the service and then a family and friends get together at the Royal Canadian Legion # 17 at 702 2nd. Street SE Medicine Hat following the service.

Thanks to all for your comments regarding Dougs passing. They were very much appreciated.

Harvey Lamb
Calgary, Alberta, canada
Werner Friedrich

Post by Werner Friedrich »

Harvey Lamb wrote:Good Day Folks,

This post is to inform members of the forum, and all the members who live in Western Canada and around the Calgary area who knew Doug that there will be a Memorial Service for Doug at the Pattison Funeral Home ( 540 South Ralway Street ) in Medicine Hat Alberta on Saturday the 14th. off April 2012.

There will be the service and then a family and friends get together at the Royal Canadian Legion # 17 at 702 2nd. Street SE Medicine Hat following the service.

Thanks to all for your comments regarding Dougs passing. They were very much appreciated.

Harvey Lamb
Calgary, Alberta, canada
Thanks Harvey for the Post.
My Wife and my self lost a longtime Friend. The Condolence goes to Annie.
Werner Friedrich, Germany
Werner Friedrich

Post by Werner Friedrich »

Harvey Lamb wrote:Good Day Folks,

Harvey Lamb
Calgary, Alberta, canada
Thanks Harvey for the Post.
My Wife and my self lost a longtime Friend. The Condolence goes to Annie.
Werner Friedrich, Germany
ollie strong

Post by ollie strong »

Doug was a longtime friend and peer. He was an excellent player.
Before hearing Vince Gills "Look at us", Doug asked me if I had heard the break in it. I replied "no" and he proceeded to play it for me and he had it down pat.
Although we haven't been in touch over these past years, I have always considered him a top musician and a true friend.
He will be truly missed.
Condolences to his family from Rae and I.
Allan Himour

Post by Allan Himour »

Had the honour of working with Doug in three different bands between '89-'07. He was a first class guy and great steel player that could tackle it all from western swing to the contemporary sounds of the day. Will be sadly missed.
My condolences to friends, family and all those moved by Doug's music.

Thanks Harvey for the memorial information.