Bobbe's Newsletter

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Beckner

Bobbe's Newsletter

Post by David Beckner »

opinion of post deleted
Last edited by David Beckner on 26 Mar 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Bobbe Seymour has probably helped more steel players than any other professional player. You have to realize that if all the Pro players did all the freebies that they were asked to do, that is all that they would be doing. You sir Mr. Beckner, have lost my respect. I will however, continue prayer for your wife. Larry B.
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Rusty Smith

Re: Bobbe's Newsletter

Post by Rusty Smith »

My comment is from someone not at all connected to the steel community. My sporadic playing is for my amusement. What I read in the news letter had some humour involved. At first it appeared to be a paying gig but that wasn't communicated clearly. Later it was discovered to be a charity golfing event who invited a non-golfer to play. As a non-golfer myself I can only image the possible humiliation that could have resulted. No where did I read into this that charity was not important.
Rusty Smith
Mount Horeb WI
Fred Shannon

Mr. Beckner, You're Completely Over the Top

Post by Fred Shannon »

Sir, it would be a good idea to pull the asbestos blanket down over you good and tight. As the title of this post indicates you have really put your foot in it. You could pick on anyone on this forum besides Seymour and probably be 'safe' for a bit, but Bobbe Seymour has assisted more steel players, not only in this country, but all over the world than any individual I'm aware. You're just off base and that's all I'll waste my time saying. Certainly, we're all concerned about steelers and their families but don't you think some of us can't dig in pockets that don't exist to help your deserving wife. My family has included your wife's name on our prayer list, and will continue to do so. I read Bobbe's article and like others I don't get anything out of it such as you posted.

In short, you owe Bobbe S a great big apology and explain fully to the members of this forum the reason for your action with this slanderous post. 'nuff said'
:oops: :oops: :x :x :x :x

Phred (Fred Shannon)
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

David Beckner, this is indeed a slanderous post. If anyone has lost respect for anyone, it is us for you. You have NO idea of how many people Bobbe Seymour has helped over the years. If Bobbe did not choose to contribute to your effort, he had his own PRIVATE reasons for which he is entitled to have! To come on our Forum and try to publicy slander him says more about your character than his. This is disgraceful. Shame on you.
David Beckner

Post by David Beckner »

opinion deleted
Last edited by David Beckner on 26 Mar 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILCOX SD10 (love the white mica)
WALKER SEAT
NASHVILLE 400
BEHRINGER RACK TUNER
CUSH CASE RACK
PEAVEY DELTA FEX
PARTS CASTER.Gospel and Classic Country Music
http://www.dbupholstery.yolasite.com
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

This is a personal attack that does not belong here.
Dave Mudgett

Post by Dave Mudgett »

David - I realize I can't speak for Bobbe, but I think you completely missed the point of his story, which was to relate a funny and self-deprecating story of massively-misfired communication in the Nashville music biz. I got a big laugh thinking about Bobbe at a celebrity golf tournament (remember Pres. Gerald Ford nailing a spectator on the head with a drive?), which I'm pretty confident was his point. You are way off base with this criticism. I think you'd be smart to just bail out and plead ignorance.

More to your point - when did it become rude to not give to every charity for which a donation was requested? There's a lot of need in the world, and your implication that there's something wrong with not trying to take on every request is baffling to me.
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Deleted opinions are not acceptable in this quarter, a full apology is really in order.

phred
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Perhaps the point of
Bobbe's story may have
been quite misunderstood.
~Russ
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

Mr.Seymour's humour is much like mine in some respects,kinda off the wall & maybe a bit of a lack of wording but to say Bobbe doesn't care or doesn't want to give to a charity he believes in is utterly preposterous,apologize & you may save face but I hope it is sincere & not to just get the folks here off your back. That's bad!!!!
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

Phew, that was some vicious attack... obviously totally uncalled for. I see nothing wrong with Bobbe's reaction to being lured into something under false pretenses. And someone with as much and as quirky humor as Mr Seymour just cannot be a bad person!

If I held a grudge against everyone who hasn't sent me money, I would have about 7 billion enemies by now...
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Probably best that b0b closes this one up quickly. Those of us who know Bobbe and his sense of humour will know that this ferocious and hurtful attack on him is so wide of the mark and unwarranted..
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,