Seymour Guitar ???

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Wright

Seymour Guitar ???

Post by Jerry Wright »

Hey Bobbe--Why isn't there a Seymour brand Steel Guitar on the market? After seeing you work on them and take them apart and modify them.We all know that you have all the knowledge and know how.I would probaly be the first in line to get one.

------------------
www.secondgen.com

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Jerry, I have built many guitars over the years,Once with partners,didn't work out,and then, many in Norfolk Va. '65-67. Then Several more in Nashville scattered through out the years, '82- '99.Jerry Fessenden worked for me,and built several with me, along with Buck Reed,Pearly Curtis, Mike Daly,Buzz Swindler,Jeff Peterson, and the list goes on. Build More? Well, not for a while,I do have several Birdseye maple bodys built though. Check out my gospel CD to see what they sound like. That guitar was sold to the late Bill Sharp. We just lost him trajicly last week at 61 years old. A great player and a great person, we'll miss him forever.

Thanks for asking-Jerry,----------RKS
Latina

Post by Latina »

Bobbe:
Thank you for your kind words. I know Bill truly loved the Seymour we bought. He always commented on what a beautiful piece of work it was and what a joy it was to play. And you are right, he will be forever missed.

Mary<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Latina on 14 May 2002 at 07:31 PM.]</p></FONT>
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

Buzz Swindler? Is that a real name?
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Buzz Swindler, worked for and built Sho-Buds for several years. A very smart craftsman and a vert great , intelligent , funny guy. A good friend of Jerry Fessendens also.
Buzz plays steel and fiddle and lives in Savanna Ga.
Bobbe------(it is sort of a weird name)
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Carter Seymour! Image I think you're on to something Bill. Image
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

There is a Carter-Seymour guitar already. It's called a -------naw, I won't go there,(again)-----<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 15 May 2002 at 10:18 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Funny, I always sensed a close connection. Image
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

C'mon, Bobby, take it easy on the old man.
Besides, even though B.B. King plays Lucille,
who in their right mind would name his guitar Seymour? Although I am planning on naming my firstborn Seymour Carter Gambrell!
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Bud Carter is a dear friend and I respect his playing and intelligence deeply. I would be interested in any kind of a venture with this gentelman, but he has already been found and tied up with the highly promoted guitar that now bears his name.I wish him the utmost of success that he so richly deserves and has earned in his life of steel guitar.

Bobbe Seymour
Bob Schaedler

Post by Bob Schaedler »

A "Sey-Bud" -- hmmm...
Hi Bobbe, from a rank amateur, before I send for the 2-knee video, can a Maverick be set up to do it (yes, I don't mind telling I have a beautiful blond which I have not out-played yet.) if I get another KL? Thanks.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

An inovative installer could put this lever on a mavrick. Yes.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Thank you B.Cole. I just really love steel guitar and all you guys that share my love of it.
A Sey-ter guitar? A better chance than a Sey-Ann guitar!!(Ha! Ha! )Pure humor and nothing derogatoty meant here, Come to think of it, Sey-Ann has a nice ring to it, huh?
Bobbe <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 17 May 2002 at 07:25 PM.]</p></FONT>