Charlie Mitchell - Augusta,Ga. has passed

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Jerry Reece

Charlie Mitchell - Augusta,Ga. has passed

Post by Jerry Reece »

We are sorry to here Charlie Mitchell has passed today. He was a wonderful and passionate person and friend. He played his steel with the same passion. He will be miss. We know his is with our Lord. May our prayers comfort the family during this time of grief.

Jerry Reece
Austin Tripp

Charlie

Post by Austin Tripp »

I hate to hear that. Charlie was a great person and one of my mentors. May the lord bless his family during these times. Jerry, please let us know the arrangements that are being made.

Austin Tripp
"Hotrod"
Steel guitarist for Cody Jinks
Member CMA
David Christmas

charlie

Post by David Christmas »

Thanks Jerry for posting this sad news. Charlie has always supported the Saluda show and a friend to everyone. He will be dearly missed by all. Condolences to his family.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Wow! I only met Charlie for the first time when he was at our club jam in October.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

So sorry to hear of Charlies passing. He was an ardent devotee of the steel guitar and one of my best friends . He will be sorely missed. Jerry please post the arrangements as soon as they are known.

Bill Plemmons
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Charlie was always so nice to me and my wife at the steel shows we attended--we shall surely miss him. Rest in peace--
Charlie Mitchell

Charlie Mitchell's Memorial Service

Post by Charlie Mitchell »

Charlie's memorial service will be held on April 14,2012, starting at 12:00PM. until. It will be at the Carolina Jamboree Johnson Rd.(off Hwy 25) Belvedere,SC. Thank You, Kathy Mitchell