ShoBud LDG console color

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ric Nelson

ShoBud LDG console color

Post by Ric Nelson »

The color of the console of my LDG ShoBud is light brown, not green, like all of the others I've seen. Can anybody shed light as to why?

The s/n is 16060

Ric
Tom Wolverton

Post by Tom Wolverton »

"Shedding light" is probably your answer. If a green stain is exposed to sunlight, even non-direct, it can fade to brown. If you remove a masked area, like an end plate or pad, you will probably see the original color. Of course, it could be refinished or a custom color LDG. I'm not a big fan of the LDG green, but I have a gig tomorrow night. A green steel would be fun tomorrow.

Pali has one in his shop right now that is faded a bit. It is a really nice LDG from THE BEST year too. Sounds and plays like a dream.
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
Ric Nelson

Post by Ric Nelson »

Good suggestion. So I took off an end plate but it is still the same "walnut brown' color. So at least the fading is ruled out.

Must have been a custom job, I guess. With the low s/n, 16060, it also must have been manufactured early on.

Thanks for the help

Ric
Chas. J. Wagner

Post by Chas. J. Wagner »

Here's two older threads on LDG colors that you may find interesting. Check out the "quote" from Lloyd Green in the first link (scroll down to the 5th post).
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/012945.html
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 0a01586c87
Ric Nelson

Post by Ric Nelson »

You have answered my question and I appreciate it.

My LDG has "SP" under the logo and is exactly like the one shown in the fifth picture down, with a Walnut console.

I'm moving and it's too bad I going to sell it.

Thanks

Ric